Best Burger - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Best Burger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Size matters, though, right?

Who among us could do a 3 lb. burger in 1 1/2 hours?
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! That's not a burger, it's the entire Gross National Product of a small country!!!!

As for non world dominating burgers, there's a little Mom & Pop place in the city of Orange, Kalifornia, near where my parents used to live, called Golden Fire. They have the Apollo Burger. ½ pound with everything but the kitchen sink on it and then piled high with pastrami. Add home-made onion rings and you've got a greasefest that will clog your arteries for months afterwards. Heaven? That's the Apollo Burger.....mmmmmmmmmmm

Old 09-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #42

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Size matters, though, right?

Who among us could do a 3 lb. burger in 1 1/2 hours?
Sir, you are now 2nd on the hate list behind JD.

In all seriousness, I ate whatever I wanted for 54 years - now I'm paying the price. Hopefully I'll get this under control soon and maybe I can enjoy some real food again - in moderation of course...

Old 09-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #43

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I think my cholesterol just jumped 10 points coming into this thread this morning. that is ok it is still only 190. I try to eat bacon or sausage everyday. Don't you hate guys like me.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #44

My bad cholesterol was only 170, the problem is my good cholesterol is damn near non-existent.

Give me strength to avoid the evil meat...

Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #45

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I think my cholesterol just jumped 10 points coming into this thread this morning. that is ok it is still only 190. I try to eat bacon or sausage everyday. Don't you hate guys like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
My bad cholesterol was only 170, the problem is my good cholesterol is damn near non-existent.

Give me strength to avoid the evil meat...
Aw,come on guys. Eat healthy, exercise daily, die anyway. So why not have some enjoyment in your life by eating something you think tastes good.

Low/no fat = low/no taste, IMHO.

Remember this motto to live by:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO- HOO what a ride!"

Old 09-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #46

If your only enjoyment is eating well I suggest you branch out. Sex? Drugs? There both great. But for me sir nothing beats Dans in Austin. Love it. And there fries, you can taste artery hardening. It's kind of oily.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #47

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Drugs aren't legal, and a burger doesn't care if you bring home a 6 pack from White Castle and sample each one.

Go out eating.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #48

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I eat because I like it.

I eat what I want because for years I was not allowed to eat what I wanted. As a kid I had to be on crazy diets to play football. In the Army I never meet weight requirments because according to the Army I should have weighed 165# I hadn't weight that little since 8th grade.

I was not lazy for a long time in the army. I did PT 5 days a week with my unit. Then I did pt on my own 7 days a week twice a day on the weekend.

Monday was running for PT 9 miles in 1 hour is what the CO and 1sg wanted (in Formation)

Monday afternoon: after work we did 3 hours of weight lifting. 1 hour of sauna

Tuesday: PT was games (football, soccer ect...)

Tuesday afternoon: 6 mile Cross country run in combat boots and 80# ruks then 2 minute circuits of push ups, pull up, flutter kicks, and crunches for 30 minutes.

Wednesday : PT was 6 mile run in formation

Wednesday afternoon: We did 3 hours of weights and 1 hour of swiming.

Thursday morning was SGT Time Training.

Thursday afternoon: 8 mile run to top of hill on west fort hood once to the top we did 2 minute circuits of push ups, flutter kicks, and crunches for 18 minutes. Run home

Friday: PT Company or BN run I would make 4 laps around the Company or BN with Guidon

Friday afternoon: 1 hour cardio (tredmill or eliptical) 1 hour of circuit training on weights 1 hour of sauna

Saturday morning: Hill run at 0530 8 mile run to top of hill on west fort hood once to the top we did 2 minute circuits of push ups, flutter kicks, and crunches for 18 minutes. Run home. 0800 Gym for weight traning for 2 hours. Then laps for 1 hour in pool

Saturday afternoon: Cardio for 1 hour and weight training or circuits for 1 hour.

Sunday was easy day with a 5 mile cross country run with 40# ruks on west fort hood first thing in the morning. sometimes we would even put on our gas mask to do this one if we were feeling HOOOAH that day.

Even with all that exercise I never met the weight requirement nor did I score where I thought I should have on the APFT. Best score was 265 our of 300

So in the end I said eff it and did what I wanted to.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by meek View Post
If your only enjoyment is eating well I suggest you branch out. Sex? Drugs? There both great. But for me sir nothing beats Dans in Austin. Love it. And there fries, you can taste artery hardening. It's kind of oily.
Ahhhh, OK.

If this was directed at me, I was injecting a little humor due to my current situation. You do post some odd stuff...

Old 09-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #50

If there's one in your neck of the woods, Smashburger is pretty damn good. Sweet, sweet Smashburger. I know where i'm going fo lunch today.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte