Best Burger
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Best Burger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 489 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default Best Burger

O.K. Most of us carnivores have a favorite place for hamburgers, and or cheeseburgers, however one tops them. What's yours? It may give us all a new idea on where to go to satify the urge for beef. My favorite is too far off to do except on vacation,,, Big Bear Hotel, Hawk Junction,Ontario Canada.
It's about a half pound burger, topped with a slab of Canadian bacon, onions,
Swiss cheese, mushrooms, on a toasted bun. Damn!!!!! they are good. I know you fellas must like to gnaw down,,, tell me some good spots.

Good eatin'

Jeff

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9359 Times on 4035 Posts
Likes Given: 1471

Richmond VA. Little walk-up place called Uncle Roy's Big Burger. Been there for about 40+ years. Go there at lunch time, you have businessmen in suits,waiting in line with construction workers, hip-hop teens, and the occassional nun. Big 1/4 lb, served with mustard, diced onions, diced tomatoes.

Place that was run by my late aunt in Centerville VA called Satterwhite's also had a speciality. Called the Mammoth Burger, weighed 1 lb, looked like a meatloaf on a bun.

Now, if you are ever looking for the best club sandwich in the world, it is in Honolulu- Chief's Hut at the Outrigger hotel. 1/4 inch thick turkey, thick applewood smoked bacon, sweet Hawai'ian bread, Maui tomatoes. Served with Maui potato chips and fresh cole slaw.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sounds tasty,,, tastey, c3. I got some good hams in that area of Va. , they know how to cure 'em right.

Jeff

Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Ranger Burger, you know where.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #5

I made my signature burgers this evening.
I start off with 70% Bison meat, 20% venison, and 10% pork fat. Toss in some montreal hamburger seasoning and some diced onions.
I run that all through the meat grinder/extruder and make 1/2lb patties.
My wife makes the buns from scratch in the oven.
I cut fresh lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, and pickles. Get the mayo, catchup, relish, and mustard.
Cook burgers on charcoal or hickory (no gas) to desired finish and pile all ingredients on the bun.
Serve with some home made potato chips, home made beans and a fresh garden salad.....Hoooooooo doggie thats eatin'!!

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 09-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

No doubt there gus,,, sounds great. Try some elk or moose if you can get it.
I agree,, gas grills just don't produce the great flavor as does the charcoal.

Jeff

Old 09-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #7

Mulligan Burger at the Outer Banks, NC, big ol' chesseburger topped off with bacon and fresh crab meat, good as they come.

"In God We Trust"

Old 09-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There are a few local spots that the mere thought of makes my mouth water, but Five Guys is one place that I know will never disapoint me no matter where I am (at least as long as Im on the eastern seaboard).

And where in Richmond is Uncle Roy´s? I´ll have to check it out some time.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:25 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9359 Times on 4035 Posts
Likes Given: 1471

MPD, it is at 5200 Lakeside Ave, right at Bryan Park. Hole-in-the-wall looking kinda place, but eat one, and you will be hooked.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Oh gawd, you guys are talking about meat.... ARGH....

The best burger I've ever had was an In N' Out burger. The resturant burgers here in my town... to be honest.. did not compute. It's the only fast food burger that both tastes amazing and it doesn't make me sick to my stomach like McDonalds does... which I stopped eating 6 years ago.

Crap.... I'm craving a 3x3 right now.