Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Best Burger (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/best-burger-18021/)

yazul42 09-13-2009 11:11 PM

Best Burger

O.K. Most of us carnivores have a favorite place for hamburgers, and or cheeseburgers, however one tops them. What's yours? It may give us all a new idea on where to go to satify the urge for beef. My favorite is too far off to do except on vacation,,, Big Bear Hotel, Hawk Junction,Ontario Canada.
It's about a half pound burger, topped with a slab of Canadian bacon, onions,
Swiss cheese, mushrooms, on a toasted bun. Damn!!!!! they are good. I know you fellas must like to gnaw down,,, tell me some good spots.

Good eatin'

Jeff

c3shooter 09-13-2009 11:27 PM

Richmond VA. Little walk-up place called Uncle Roy's Big Burger. Been there for about 40+ years. Go there at lunch time, you have businessmen in suits,waiting in line with construction workers, hip-hop teens, and the occassional nun. Big 1/4 lb, served with mustard, diced onions, diced tomatoes.

Place that was run by my late aunt in Centerville VA called Satterwhite's also had a speciality. Called the Mammoth Burger, weighed 1 lb, looked like a meatloaf on a bun. :D

Now, if you are ever looking for the best club sandwich in the world, it is in Honolulu- Chief's Hut at the Outrigger hotel. 1/4 inch thick turkey, thick applewood smoked bacon, sweet Hawai'ian bread, Maui tomatoes. Served with Maui potato chips and fresh cole slaw.

yazul42 09-13-2009 11:31 PM

Sounds tasty,,, tastey, c3. I got some good hams in that area of Va. , they know how to cure 'em right.

Jeff

Benning Boy 09-13-2009 11:34 PM

Ranger Burger, you know where.:)

Gus556 09-13-2009 11:59 PM

I made my signature burgers this evening.
I start off with 70% Bison meat, 20% venison, and 10% pork fat. Toss in some montreal hamburger seasoning and some diced onions.
I run that all through the meat grinder/extruder and make 1/2lb patties.
My wife makes the buns from scratch in the oven.
I cut fresh lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, and pickles. Get the mayo, catchup, relish, and mustard.
Cook burgers on charcoal or hickory (no gas) to desired finish and pile all ingredients on the bun.
Serve with some home made potato chips, home made beans and a fresh garden salad.....Hoooooooo doggie thats eatin'!!:D

yazul42 09-14-2009 12:05 AM

No doubt there gus,,, sounds great. Try some elk or moose if you can get it.
I agree,, gas grills just don't produce the great flavor as does the charcoal.

Jeff

fxstchewy 09-14-2009 12:09 AM

Mulligan Burger at the Outer Banks, NC, big ol' chesseburger topped off with bacon and fresh crab meat, good as they come. :)

mpd8488 09-14-2009 12:16 AM

There are a few local spots that the mere thought of makes my mouth water, but Five Guys is one place that I know will never disapoint me no matter where I am (at least as long as Im on the eastern seaboard).

And where in Richmond is Uncle Roys? Ill have to check it out some time.

c3shooter 09-14-2009 12:25 AM

MPD, it is at 5200 Lakeside Ave, right at Bryan Park. Hole-in-the-wall looking kinda place, but eat one, and you will be hooked.

HunterMarksman338 09-14-2009 12:49 AM

Oh gawd, you guys are talking about meat.... ARGH....

The best burger I've ever had was an In N' Out burger. The resturant burgers here in my town... to be honest.. did not compute. It's the only fast food burger that both tastes amazing and it doesn't make me sick to my stomach like McDonalds does... which I stopped eating 6 years ago.

Crap.... I'm craving a 3x3 right now.