Best Boots-Worst Boots - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Best Boots-Worst Boots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Best --- Timberland. They are super comfy and lightweight.

Worst --- Coleman boots, fell apart within a month.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I can't remember the names of the bad boots, but the worst was a pair of loggers I bought somewhere in SoCal.

My current favorite is a pair of Corcoran Desert boots. The only thing I don't like is that when I got them home, I noticed that they were made in China!
Corcorans' made in China? WTF?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Worst - Calf-skin Tony Lama's leather was too soft and they ripped out in no time

Best - Custom made Lucchase's (SP ?) brown full quill ostrich that fit like slippers, best part though is that they only cost $5.00 (won a raffle at the stock show). For work boots, I love my Hermans.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 02-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The worst ever was a pair of Caterpillars. As the story usually goes, they were bought at Wally World and in a pinch.

The best - Redwings. My company buys us safety boots once a year. Sure they're steel toe, but the are comfy and the price is right.

A close second would be Bates.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #15

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I second on the Texas Steer as the worst........

Best: I've always used Rocky's for police work and they have been very comfortable, dry, and with "thinsulate", warm in the Mich. winters.
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Worst - First pair of POS army combat boots issued to me in basic training, back in '80. They really sucked. That's when you did PT, including PT tests, in issued boots and not in tennis shoes like it is done today. The boots I got issued later, were much better and comfortable, once I got to group.

Best - Justin pull-on work boots.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #17

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Best: Timberland Euro Hiker (all leather) ....Damn... I had 3 pairs over several years, they outlast and they are the most comfortable ever... I had some Merrel and Columbia too... they are excellent but not close to the Euro Hiker...
Best Boots-Worst Boots - The Club House

Worst... Venezuelan army jungle issue boots.... I received several pairs from friends (I studied with a lot of military sons because my HS was next to a military base). I still have 2 new brand pairs in the closet... the most uncomfortable POS ever...
Like this, but in woodland camo:
Best Boots-Worst Boots - The Club House
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #18

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

The best ground / hiking boots I've had and I wear them now are Redwing model # 2156 Red Wing Shoes

When it comes to the way I get busy, the Wesco Highliners custom fit is how I fly Wesco Boots - Mens Highliner : Wesco Highliner 16" Lace-To-Toe w/ Side Plate Black Boots - Mens - FREE SHIPPING!

I actually buy the Wesco's from Polecat Lineman Supply as they do foot measurments for factory custom builds.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Most comfortable pair for me were some ugly work boots, by Wolverine i think but am not sure. I wore them for many years, especially when my back was sore.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been breaking in a new pair of Rockys for a couple months now so the juries still out on the worst pair but as far as my favorite pair, I have a pair of La Cross
Burlys with 1200 grains of insulate that I wear for hunting and just love. I bought them a size bigger and put on an extra pair of wool socks when it's below 30 degrees and my feet stays warm on stand all day.