Besides firearms, do you have any collections? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Besides firearms, do you have any collections?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1406 Times on 922 Posts
Likes Given: 3017

My other collections besides guns would be guitars, old bottles, old coins, and all sorts of artifacts found metal detecting. Here are most of my guitars:

guitars.jpg

I've left all my soda bottles in as found condition and most are pre 1930. The really rough looking bottle in the front is a straight sided Coke from around 1906! I've got several Pepsi bottles from around the same time and in much better condition.

bottles.jpg

I find a lot of old medicine bottles as well and here are a few them:

medicine.jpg

Old 11-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterofAres View Post
Oh and recently BUNNYKIN china. (I decided I wanted second hand china for my second wedding anniversary) So... I went on a rampage and bought 22 pieces second hand. I found this signed tea cup at a thrift store for $15. SCORE!!!! (I think it means I can't wait to be a Gramma and serve food to my grandkiddies on them)
I only wish my signed piece was even close to the condition of yours! This is a shard from a Chandler Maker jug along with shards of other Edgefield pottery pieces that I found. The complete jug would have been really nice.

chandler.jpg

Old 11-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #73
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman
Is this card Doc, whatever year it is. Might be a 66 can't remember for sure.
Yup---1966,..thats the first year they used that card design, and changed it again after the 68 season...if it's in good to excellent condition,..worth between $20-$30 on the open market,..to a collector of JETS items you could get as much as $50. If you want to move it please let me know,..I have several former Colleagues who I'm still friendly with who would love to buy it, Including "Fireman" Ed Anzalone, who grew up with one of my former partners in Bayside Queens NY...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker
My other collections besides guns would be guitars, old bottles, old coins, and all sorts of artifacts found metal detecting. Here are most of my guitars: I've left all my soda bottles in as found condition and most are pre 1930. The really rough looking bottle in the front is a straight sided Coke from around 1906! I've got several Pepsi bottles from around the same time and in much better condition. I find a lot of old medicine bottles as well and here are a few them:
Are those Gibson Les Paul's ? Even if epipphones', Very Nice...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Are those Gibson Les Paul's ? Even if epipphones', Very Nice...
One is a Gibson and the other is an older Epiphone (much higher quality than the newer Chinese Epiphones). I love 'em both but the black guitar on the right is my sentimental favorite. It's a 1980 Ibanez Artist that I bought when I was 16.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker
One is a Gibson and the other is an older Epiphone (much higher quality than the newer Chinese Epiphones). I love 'em both but the black guitar on the right is my sentimental favorite. It's a 1980 Ibanez Artist that I bought when I was 16.
I also recognized the Ibanez, I had the Same one in Cherry Sunburst. loved it because it had the same "ballsy" tone that My Les Paul had because of the sound cavity and pickups...

Edit: On the Ibanez I remember pulling the stock pickups and putting in Carvin M-22 Humbuckers because I had the Carvin DC-200 also,.(made from South Pacific KOA wood-solid body with Gibson Style Headstock)...

Last edited by DrFootball; 11-15-2013 at 11:56 PM.