Beretta or Airsoft

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Beretta or Airsoft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Beretta or Airsoft

My nephew was over yesterday and he was so excited to show me his new airsoft gun. He must have asked me if I wanted to see it 10 times in the first 3 minutes they were here. He said that he loved it because it looks like my Beretta that he has fired at the range. So, I said sure bring it in.

Well, when he got it out of the car and brought it in I was a little more than surprised at the appearence. Its a dead ringer for my 92fs. It is even weighted to be similar in weight to my 92. See for yourself (sorry for the cell pic):

You know, I can understand why a Police Officer could mistake an airsoft for a real gun.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-03-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I thought those were supposed to have an orange tip? That is scary close.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1289

Yes you are correct! With reaction time figured in. If this gun was pointed in an officer or anyone else's direction. The person holding this air soft pistol would be shot!
I thank God even today for watching over me and another person in the past. On a prowler call late one evening around 9:00 PM. I was sent on a prowler call in an apartment complex where some burglaries had been occurring. Long story short in the dark by a dumpster a figure stepped out directly in front of me. As my flashlight's light hit the subject he had a pistol in his hand and was bringing it up in my direction. Luckily! As I drew and lined up the sights on my Beretta 92-F. Since at times like this sometimes things go into slow motion, I noticed an Orange tip on the barrel of the persons weapon. It was a 12 year old kid who was playing army with his buddies. Of course I had screamed drop the weapon. Scared the kid to death as he dropped the toy gun and ran into an apartment. Sweat rolled down my forehead and my heart was pounding thinking how close I came to shooting and possibly killing that young person. All that to say, yes anyone having one of these air soft pistol could be mistaken as the real McCoy! I did spend some time with the boy and his parents who were very thankful and pleased about how it came out and terrified thinking what could have happened.
I was the most thankful having kids of my own! I will never forget it and it has been years ago.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
I thought those were supposed to have an orange tip? That is scary close.
I thought it was supposed to have that tip as well, but this one does not. And it doesn't appear that it was painted or removed, it was just absent in the design. I panted the "barrel" with some model car paint making it bright neon green (I didn't have orange on hand).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Yes you are correct! With reaction time figured in. If this gun was pointed in an officer or anyone else's direction. The person holding this air soft pistol would be shot!
I thank God even today for watching over me and another person in the past. On a prowler call late one evening around 9:00 PM. I was sent on a prowler call in an apartment complex where some burglaries had been occurring. Long story short in the dark by a dumpster a figure stepped out directly in front of me. As my flashlight's light hit the subject he had a pistol in his hand and was bringing it up in my direction. Luckily! As I drew and lined up the sights on my Beretta 92-F. Since at times like this sometimes things go into slow motion, I noticed an Orange tip on the barrel of the persons weapon. It was a 12 year old kid who was playing army with his buddies. Of course I had screamed drop the weapon. Scared the kid to death as he dropped the toy gun and ran into an apartment. Sweat rolled down my forehead and my heart was pounding thinking how close I came to shooting and possibly killing that young person. All that to say, yes anyone having one of these air soft pistol could be mistaken as the real McCoy! I did spend some time with the boy and his parents who were very thankful and pleased about how it came out and terrified thinking what could have happened.
I was the most thankful having kids of my own! I will never forget it and it has been years ago.
That would have scared the h*ll out of me. I come from a family of cops and this situation is probably an officer's worst nightmare.
I am glad that everything turned out ok. At least that child will be more carefull in the furture.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 04-03-2011 at 05:41 PM.