Bennings 10 pages of rants
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bennings 10 pages of rants

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Bennings 10 pages of rants

I'm seeing a trend lately, and in light of what's going on in the world this week, I thought I'd throw out my .02, FWIW.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Operators.

I'm an operator, two or three times a week. I've done stuff all over the globe. I've seen service in The Nam, Bataan, Normandy.

I now keep a speedloader with 4 AAs loaded at all times, in case my wireless controller dies. It happened once, I got lucky.

Truth be told, we have one here. One that I can confirm. I won't share how I know, let's just say I saw his handiwork, I talked to him, and he knows things that only someone who was there in the same timeframe would know.

Some of you are active duty now, some of you have finished up a hitch. I salute you.

I'm working on a system now that will validate those who claim to be operators. Trust me, it's easy enough to buy that you served. Alot of the guys here have. But if you claim to be something that you're not, you open yourself to an azzload of ridicule and problems.

Which brings me to.....

Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

CCW, LTCF, Permit guys.

There was a time when these were hard to get in alot of places. Through alot of hard work from people who likely weren't you, many states are now "shall issue".

When you post a thread asking to be regaled by stories of true life draw downs, when you ask "What's the most intimidating gun?", when you openly post your own stories of brandishing, you help to undo some of that.

Carrying gives you a degree of control over life and death. God has that power. Unfortunately, you do not have the wisdom of God.

In any confrontation, there is a moment of perfect clarity. Of truth. The other guy will know if you truly mean to defend yourself, or if you're hoping your bluff will work.

Buy a gun you can handle. Get training. Buy ammo, and shoot it. Alot.

Do not think for a moment that you will keep that permit for long if you're gonna wave that thing around at people to make your point.

I can sell anyone here a black belt, $8 and $2.95 shipping. For about $60, I can get it embroidered with your name, dragons, Asian characters, and it will be real intimidating.

But you still won't be a badazz.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

If you're not nice, I'm leaving.

I've been on here a couple of years now. I was sort of "felt out" initially, and after about a year of quality posts, and positive ideas, I gained acceptance.

People have warmed to me, and many look forward to my posts. I've formed some tight friendships.

I've also had real world events that have forced me to go on hiatus from time to time. The forum went on.

I say these things with sincere humility. I am not the most important thing here. And I'm established.

So new guys, if you have 100 posts under your belt, and 50 of those are shaky, and somebody says something you don't like, do us a favor.....

There is no need to threaten us with your absence. Not every forum is a fit for everybody. We did not subscribe so that one day we'd be graced by you. You joined for some reason.

If it was to troll, good riddance.

If it was to impress us, you failed.

If it was to gain knowledge, then welcome.

But if you think threatening us with your departure is somehow motivation to change who we are, especially if 20 people are telling you in a variety of ways that you're off base on a topic, only one person loses at the end of the day.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Gramer an spellchek.

I don't do either well. I didn't graduate high school. I'm not kidding here.

I make some effort before each post to make sure what I'm putting up is at least somewhat legible. Semi articulate.

Mistakes? Sure. Anybody can make them.

Some of you, however, will fill 70 lines with one run-on sentence. It then becomes impossible to read. Maybe you had a valuable tip or important point in there. We'll never know.

None here is Indiana Jones, none here will go fishing through your post to find the deeper meaning. For some, your post can cause migraines. Others will have epileptic seizures.

Contrary to the collective thought of some, there are no spelling/grammar Nazis here. We don't mock based on your educational background, or your computer literacy.

Most of the time, somebody who does get called out on it got called out because they criticized somebody else for the same thing.

At least try the concept of your friend, the paragraph.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't want to quote this for truth just because it would be the entire thread. However there is all truth in BB's words. Unfortunately some people come here with th attitude that they are the end all be all in a certain subject. I know I was one. However this forum is different, folks here are knowledgeable and here to help others strengthen this world and more importantly our country, not prolong half cocked ideas of of running around armed like some sort of modern day Charles Bronson.

I have not been accepted yet, but look forward to the day I might be included in on a wild made up story or a practical joke with a stuffed animal, but along the way just as in life here are those who are smarter and you can't get bent out of shape just because your opinion is challenged. Trust me they are not impressed by shooting a buck at 1000 meters and you having to track it for three days only to give up and the animal had to die not only for no reason, but slowly at that. No one is impressed with your duel shoulder rig and 15 spare mags that go with your ridiculous story of brandishing to someone who wanted directions. If that's what you want, there are plenty of other mall ninja forums out there.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

DarinCraft is cool with me.

Unless I missed it, I've never seen an a-hole post from him.

I think, through a series of PMs, I shall find some way to mess with him in a good-natured fashion.

If any out there has an idea, PM me.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The immediate gun future.

The Arizona stuff over the weekend started another cycle that long time gun owners will recognize.

For new owners, here's what is coming....

Back before the Presidential election, I saw the writing on the wall. The original Assault Weapons Ban had reached it's sunset, and evil black rifles were cheap. As soon as the Dems won, some rifles doubled in price, and ammo was impossible to find. The same Wolf 7.62 I got 100 for $20 a week before became 20 for $8.

With McCarthy threatening a new gun control bill as early as today, expect a run on hi-cap mags and ammo.

The lesson to the newer guys is to buy this stuff when the gun control threat is at it's ebb.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #9

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I'm glad you covered the spelling/grammar issue as it's a pet peeve of mine.

First, if it's difficult to read - many of us won't take the time and effort.

Second and more importantly - the gun haters of the world already consider us a bunch of stupid, illiterate, violent people. When your post looks illiterate - it plays right into their hands. If you think for a second that the gun haters don't cruise these forums looking for ammunition against us - you are terribly wrong.

Call me a grammar Nazi if you wish but these are valid reasons to take the extra minute or two to make your post readable...

Old 01-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I'm glad you covered the spelling/grammar issue as it's a pet peeve of mine.

First, if it's difficult to read - many of us won't take the time and effort.

Second and more importantly - the gun haters of the world already consider us a bunch of stupid, illiterate, violent people. When your post looks illiterate - it plays right into their hands. If you think for a second that the gun haters don't cruise these forums looking for ammunition against us - you are terribly wrong.

Call me a grammar Nazi if you wish but these are valid reasons to take the extra minute or two to make your post readable...
The first thing that came out about the douche in Arizona was his age.

The second? His subliterate rantings.

I don't judge people on their backgrounds, but when you reach out on a device that let's the whole world see you.....