Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Being ready against home invasions. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/being-ready-against-home-invasions-87315/)

Dearhunter 03-24-2013 09:25 PM

Being ready against home invasions.

2 Attachment(s)
Being that all my kids are adults and out on their own with their families, I have my home set up as to have access to a gun at anytime.
Look at the book on the cabinet under the TV. I also have a book near the kitchen. You can see the front door down the hallway. We have a Pella non shatter glass storm door that stays locked. I have schooled my wife and she is proficient with handguns and would not hesitate to use one if required.
[ATTACH]Attachment 92517[/ATTACH]

locutus 03-24-2013 09:31 PM

Well done!:cool:

MisterMcCool 03-24-2013 09:56 PM

If anything were to happen while I was away, my wife would call me. She has no interest in firearms. Assumes nothing will ever happen because nothing ever has.

trip286 03-24-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1188959)
If anything were to happen while I was away, my wife would call me. She has no interest in firearms. Assumes nothing will ever happen because nothing ever has.

I would hate for my significant other to call me.

I had this discussion with my ex. She said she'll just call me if anything happens. I said, "why? So I can listen while you get raped, murdered, or both?"

If your wife pans to call you because she wants nothing to do with guns, please urge her to at least call 911 first.

MattShlock 03-24-2013 10:07 PM

I suppose it doesn't hurt to have a hidden-in-plain-sight handgun. I mean you have to put them someplace anyway and if you have no kids in the house then what the heck. I am not saying we haven't done the same in an interesting manner but do you really live in fear of a surprise attack home invasion!?

Birchhatchery 03-24-2013 10:18 PM

id say no i dont i got 4 coon hounds outside that bawl at anything that moves thats unusual and 2 inside dogs anyone trien to get in is going to have to hammer on a door with a regular lock and a dead bolt plenty time for me to get my shotgun from my room

Dearhunter 03-24-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattShlock (Post 1188973)
I suppose it doesn't hurt to have a hidden-in-plain-sight handgun. I mean you have to put them someplace anyway and if you have no kids in the house then what the heck. I am not saying we haven't done the same in an interesting manner but do you really live in fear of a surprise attack home invasion!?

I fear no one, but I don't plan to have a auto wreck either, but I have insurance against it.

MattShlock 03-24-2013 10:39 PM

We all have insurance but I don't drive with a quick-release four-point safety harness, safety helmet, and goggles too. Just so long as you are fearless. No-one wants to live afraid of one of the 8,000 annual home invasions every year -- that'd be awful.

DFlynt 03-24-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1188959)

Remind your wife that assumption is the mother of all f&*kups! ;):D:D

MisterMcCool 03-25-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFlynt

Remind your wife that assumption is the mother of all f&*kups! ;):D:D

Ever been married? You just can't reason with these women.