Beating Any NEW Legislation - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Beating Any NEW Legislation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I am interested in stocking up on reloading components (primers and brass especially). Reloading saves about 60% of the cost of ammo, and it's more accurate in most cases than factory fodder. I already purchased two AR's (.223 & .308) and have several Milsurp bolt guns, lever actions, muzzleloaders, pistols, shotguns in all guages, and a scoped & rifled shotgun. The only addition I would consider now is a .458 Socom upper for my RRA AR. That would make it an all-purpose SHTF weapon. Maybe a nice Dillon Progressive to really pump out the ammo fast.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-15-2008, 02:44 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Well, I'd like a .357 lever to go with my Smith, but I seem to be having a hard time with funds. That bribe of my own money went into my daughter's mouth.....

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Too bad nobody's figured out a way to make money from used diapers...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

Powder and primers, just powder and primers. Of course, I don't OWN any guns (horrible evil things they are) and unless you have pictures, I'm denying it!

Seriously, have pretty much what I want. Expect that ammo may be the sticky part (OK- you have a right to bear arms. We'll just screw with the availability of ammo. 2nd Amendment does not mention ammo, does it?)

FWIW, as much as I dislike Ebay, you can still pick up bargains on good dies, presses, etc- but the price of powder and primers has been increasing. Have the ability to cast for most frequently used calibers, so bullets are not an issue. Hit a coupla good sales on 22 RF, so should be good for a few years. (Yeah, I SAID it was a good sale)

Do I anticipate future attacks on gun owners? Yep. Been happening all along, why would I expect anything different?

Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 AM   #15

Doesn't matter who is in power, you will get screwed over by somebody at some stage for certain.
Wouldn't matter having anything on th ebooks here, cos when they ban the sale of something, they just come and take aay the ones you already have.
But, if you are scared of impending law reform, reloading stuff and lots of supplies would be a standout purchase.