Bear Rights....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bear Rights....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default Bear Rights....

A recent thread created by the closest thing we have to a hippie here suggests killing alot of bears.

I believe all animal life is precious. I'm not anti-hunting, I think we all agree it provides needed balance.

I view the bear as superior to more than half of America's human population.

I haven't met the bear who voted for Obama.

And no bear tuned into The View.

I need somebody to point me at a bear charity or organization, as this is now my new cause.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #2

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
A recent thread created by the closest thing we have to a hippie here suggests killing alot of bears.

I believe all animal life is precious. I'm not anti-hunting, I think we all agree it provides needed balance.

I need somebody to point me at a bear charity or organization, as this is now my new cause.
I hear there is a new bear defense fund, The Right to Keep and Arm Bears, that will take your donations.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 07-30-2010 at 05:49 AM.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Benning, Send me $50 and I will throw out 3 fish sandwiches for the bears.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

Maybe each state should have a bear season (with quotas)
1. With any license purchased, a specific amount can be dedicated to the habitat for bears.
2. Those states that currently do not have bears, can still sell the license, and have a quota set a 0 (zero) until bears have been established (with help from #1).
3. After the habitat has been established, hire people who expect a free handout from the government, and are out of work, to work in the bear habitat.
4. States can then use "death row" inmates to stage a fight against a bear. Same weapons, equal grounds, man against bear. Whoever survives is given parole instead of living off of taxpayers (or see #3). This should generate revenue if they hire someone from NASCAR to run the ordeal.

I'll tell Barry and Joe when we set down for breakfast in the near future.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

A lot of zoos have funds set up for specific animals. Take Knut, the German Polar Bear. He single handedly saved that zoo's tourist trade and at one point had generated millions EU in donations to his credit.

All you have to do is find a specific bear you want to support and do a little checking around.

In the JD house we are very pro Polar Bear, so we joined this one and adopted our own bear.

WWF - Adoption Center - Adopt a Polar Bear

Old 07-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post

Along with what Benning says, bears are pretty good eating. Yum, Yum.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #7

I will be adopting a bear on payday, thanks for the link.

I know I do far too many bits, but a few years ago, they killed one at a zoo because some Azz stuck their arm through the fence, taunting the bear.

The bear dies, and the idiot returns to the herd of humanity, to further sully the gene pool. I was enraged.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

This is a very cool place in Yellowstone. I help them out somtimes. I'm with you Benny. I'd rather have more bears and fewer people.

Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center

Old 07-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
This is a very cool place in Yellowstone. I help them out somtimes. I'm with you Benny. I'd rather have more bears and fewer people.

Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center
The wife is at work, but she'll see the wolf picture, and it will be road trip time for Benny.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default This should get you started

Help Save the Bears - A site highlighting the plight of Bears WorldWide

Grizzly Bears

Save the Arctic! Grizzly Bear Impacts | Defenders of Wildlife

Grizzly Bear

World Wildlife Foundation

HOME | Vital Ground | Protecting Habitat and Landscape Linkages for Grizzly Bears and other Wildlife