Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Bear bites boy, bear tracked down and killed; happy ending (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/bear-bites-boy-bear-tracked-down-killed-happy-ending-45437/)

orangello 07-18-2011 08:25 PM

Bear bites boy, bear tracked down and killed; happy ending

Wildlife officials kill bear that bit teen - CNN.com

Quote:

Wildlife officials in Colorado say they have killed a bear believed to have been involved in an attack on a teenage boy Friday morning.
From the article.

THIS is NOT the best way to handle a dangerous child-chewing predator, but it isn't all bad either.

Better alternatives: The bear should've been extinct outside of zoos. The bear should've never been out of a caged up or a fenced off reserve. The bear should've been blocked out of the campground area by a fence. The bear should've been pincushioned by half the bowhunters in the campground within minutes; they are in what the secessionists call "bear country" after all, be alert.

At least, it's dead now. Happy ending!

canebrake 07-18-2011 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

opaww 07-18-2011 08:35 PM

Real life bears are not cuddly and should be avoided at all times

JonM 07-18-2011 08:39 PM

just to be the bear advocate here....

if the boy had bit the bear would the police have tracked him down and dispatched him?? just askin.

cpttango30 07-18-2011 08:52 PM

OMG here we go again.

Gello we all know you hate bears.

But, they were here first and have just as much right to the land as we do. So in ending let if go man.

orangello 07-18-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 544822)
But, they were here first and have just as much right to the land as we do. So in ending let if go man.

So were the Native American Indians and the dinosaurs; you wanna give your backyard back to them, fine. I don't support the misuse of OUR public lands for such foolishness. :)

If the kid had been seen biting a bear, he could've been cited and fined for harassing park wildlife.

freefall 07-19-2011 01:07 AM

Gello, you're a poseur. I know you secretly love bears. Otherwise you'd have come up and killed a couple.

Gatoragn 07-19-2011 02:53 AM

I posted a picture for you in the photo thread.

Better alternatives: The bear should've been extinct outside of zoos. The bear should've never been out of a caged up or a fenced off reserve. The bear should've been blocked out of the campground area by a fence. The bear should've been pincushioned by half the bowhunters in the campground within minutes; they are in what the secessionists call "bear country" after all, be alert.

At least, it's dead now. Happy ending![/QUOTE]

There will be more bears in WI next year Orangello!

JonM 07-19-2011 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 545072)

There will be more bears in WI next year Orangello!

if a bear comes tooling up in my backyard he is getting a 458 winmag thru the noggin. plenty of dumpsters at walmart :P

so any dead bears in walmart dumpsters i had nothing to do with it...

dog2000tj 07-19-2011 03:26 AM

You know, the way the title reads ... "Bear bites boy, bear tracked down and killed; happy ending" ... on could misconstrue some hanky panky going on :eek: :o :p :D