bear attacks - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > bear attacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2108 Times on 1160 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

I love the wilderness and wildlife. I just returned yesterday from a camping trip with two other men and 11 boys ranging in age from 8-14. It was a church camping trip. There were deer walking through our camp site. It was awesome! But, you better believe I had a loaded 44 mag on my hip with 2 speed loaders as well. If a grizly were to come walking into the camp there would have been one shot to try to scare it away. Then 17 more to kill it if needed.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

[quote=joshfireart;307007]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB1987 View Post
Legally, no they don't have rights.

As for the elderly gentleman, why the hell would you walk out in bear country without any type of defense? Common man, common sense!

EDIT: Wow, should have read through this whole thread first before posting. This discussion was already in full swing. lol[/QUOTE.

I LIVE IN GRIZZLY COUNTRY I DONT PACK A GUN TO GO OUT AND FEED THE GOATS OR DUMP A THE TRASH. Like i have all ready posted its to bad they had to kill the bear. But im glad they did that bear would have never been a safe bear ever again, it theres such a thing. they need to delist the grizzly bears from the endanger species act and hunt them this will make the bears fear us and then they will avoid us. All these bears have been raised around people and know that were not a threat to them. This is a problem for the bears and us. i have no trouble with the bears they just need to be managed. the people who darted this bear will be brought up on charges im sure. So back to the Quote this old man may have been lacking common sense this day.but packing a gun to walk to my shop or to my truck isnt going to happen but there could be a bear all though there was a mountain lion a couple years ago next to my truck. this bear was tag in summer home area around people its there fault period. they posted sign YEA..... they post signs all the time and they dont take them down tell the wind blows them a way.its like crying wolf this old man had becoming here for years. just follow his routine. im sure his family is glad he not wasting any moor air
I agree 100%, with the fact that the rangers, or whoever the people were who darted and tagged this bear, hold responsibilitiy for their actions. This bear should have been relocated to a remote area and released there.
I still hold firm to the belief that if you go strolling around out in the woods in griz country, then you need to be prepared to defend yourself. Folks new to the area should take the time to learn the do's and don'ts.
I also agree that it is a shame the bear had to be destroyed, but I think once a bear has killed a human then it must be destroyed, regardless of the cicumstances. But the bear was just being a bear. I really don't believe for an instant that bears are afraid of people, maybe if they WERE hunted agressively, but a bear knows that we are just puny, weak, little, helpless, food items. Granted not all griz will attack humans, many will run off, but for the ones that won't, I would choose to be armed, given the choice.
As for Pop-Pop walking around in the woods in bear country unarmed? In my opinion, that was a foolish move, and it cost him his life. Irregardless of the rangers actions.
Zoos? Zoos are cool, not all animals that pose a threat to humans should be eliminated and a token few kept in cages though. WE are at the TOP of the food chain. WE have the ability to NOT become food for a hungry animal. If people, being the dominant predator on the plant, can't survive a walk in the woods, given the knowledge and tools at hand, then I guess that is, "Natural Selection".
And don't get me wrong, I do have sympathy for the man and his family, and I wouldn't wish death by BEAR on too many folks, well, maybe that effer Michael Crook...

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson