bear attacks - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > bear attacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #41
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2235 Times on 1207 Posts
Likes Given: 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
You sound like a Jerk. I am no liberal or an environmental feak. You are probably one of the people who have less value than most wild animals.
Sorry bud, but human overpopulation is a myth propogated by enviro-liberals to control progress. It's nothing more than a neo-communistic catch phrase.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I just don't understand the thinking behind lock them all up in a zoo. These are WILD animals for a dam reason.

For that matter. I think we should kill every single last worthless deer out there that means elk as well. phuck it kill them all let them only live in zoo's.
They are wild because they never developed the social structure & "civilization" we humans compare them to & enjoy. The thinking behind it is simple and based on the SOP for the USA; our society eliminates threats to the welfare of its citizens. Think about the H1N1 virus for a minute. A virus is alive, isn't it, but elements of the US government (CDC etal.) went ballsout to make the H1N1 extinct to protect the children of this country from being sickened by this little critter. Bears kill people, so they should be eliminated from areas in which they could come into contact with humans, the species with legal property rights (or corporate interest in) the landmass making up the United States of America. Heck, think of all the lives and money the U.S. has committed to eliminating the threat posed by Islamic terrorists, and they are even the same species as the citizens of the U.S. (arguably OK arguably).

Regarding the dangerous deer, i agree they should be eliminated in a wholesale fashion, however there are LARGE numbers of people who enjoy hunting (semi-farming) them. I would prefer that the deer population be more managed to prevent the deer from coming into contact with non-hunters. If bear populations could be similarly limited to areas in which hunters could use them as targets ,with no unarmed humans endangered, i wouldn't mind their continued existance in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I think you have me confused with another poster.
Yep, sorry ScottA, i think Tango may have cornfuzzled our posts.

Quote:
If we do not start caring about the world we live in then we will not have one after a while. But hey we got animals in zoo's so it's all good right.
I hate to break it to you Tango, but most of what i've been reading about the environment would indicate that newsflash is years too late to change the impending doom of the "natural environment". Yup, gotta love those zoos; my favorite is the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans.

Quote:
I am just saying it is one less person that was really stupid not wasting o2 that someone else with more brains could be using.
So, you are a fan of Eugenics by bear? If you are in favor of managing the human population to limit the number of stupid people, don't you think that lethal injection would be less cruel; even the stupid have feelings.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-27-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Sorry bud, but human overpopulation is a myth propogated by enviro-liberals to control progress.
I do think there are areas of the world that are overpopulated by humans, parts of Africa & India come to my mind, but i think that has less to do with progress than poor decision-making by aid agencies and some corrupt governments, not to mention poor decision-making by NUMEROUS baby makers in those areas.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #44

Quote:
BUT BEARS DO NOT HAVE RIGHTS!!!!!!!!
Legally, no they don't have rights.

This is just my opinion... but in a sense shouldn't everything be given the right to live, unless it's death is a necessity? I understand killing a living entity if it becomes violent/aggressive to you or loved ones, or you use it to feed your family, etc.

Personally I'm the type of person that will spend 5 minutes trying to catch a spider and let it go outside, even though it'd take 2 seconds to just squish it.

As for the elderly gentleman, why the hell would you walk out in bear country without any type of defense? Common man, common sense!

EDIT: Wow, should have read through this whole thread first before posting. This discussion was already in full swing. lol

Last edited by JoeB1987; 06-27-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #45
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB1987 View Post
Legally, no they don't have rights.

This is just my opinion... but in a sense shouldn't everything be given the right to live, unless it's death is a necessity? I understand killing a living entity if it becomes violent/aggressive to you or loved ones, or you use it to feed your family, etc.

Personally I'm the type of person that will spend 5 minutes trying to catch a spider and let it go outside, even though it'd take 2 seconds to just squish it.

As for the elderly gentleman, why the hell would you walk out in bear country without any type of defense? Common man, common sense!
I don't disagree with anything you said. Except the spider part.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-27-2010, 10:07 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I don't disagree with anything you said. Except the spider part.
LOL! When my sister lived in Tempe, AZ back in the mid-90's, i found an article that discussed the black widow spider population in the greater Phoenix metro area. At that time there were about four times as many black widows as humans in that city. They found a nest of about a quarter million black widow spiders under a high school football stadium.

Sleep well.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #47

[QUOTE=JoeB1987;306986]Legally, no they don't have rights.

EDIT: Wow, should have read through this whole thread first before posting. This discussion was already in full swing. lol[/QUOTE.

I LIVE IN GRIZZLY COUNTRY I DONT PACK A GUN TO GO OUT AND FEED THE GOATS OR DUMP A THE TRASH. Like i have all ready posted its to bad they had to kill the bear. But im glad they did that bear would have never been a safe bear ever again, it theres such a thing. they need to delist the grizzly bears from the endanger species act and hunt them this will make the bears fear us and then they will avoid us. All these bears have been raised around people and know that were not a threat to them. This is a problem for the bears and us. i have no trouble with the bears they just need to be managed. the people who darted this bear will be brought up on charges im sure. So back to the Quote this old man may have been lacking common sense this day.but packing a gun to walk to my shop or to my truck isnt going to happen but there could be a bear all though there was a mountain lion a couple years ago next to my truck. this bear was tag in summer home area around people its there fault period. they posted sign YEA..... they post signs all the time and they dont take them down tell the wind blows them a way.its like crying wolf this old man had becoming here for years. just follow his routine. im sure his family is glad he not wasting any moor air

Old 06-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Sorry bud, but human overpopulation is a myth propogated by enviro-liberals to control progress. It's nothing more than a neo-communistic catch phrase.
Well, bud, have you ever been to West Africa? The Far East? NO? I have. And sorry, but you do not know what you are talking about. There are no live animals in the swamps or forests in Nigeria, and no fish in the sea (Bight of Benin), they are all gone, eaten by those over populated West African countries.

I have a piece of property in the Texas Hill country, and the number of animals we see (deer, foxes, etc.) diminish each year due to building of more houses. There are racoons trying to survive in the subdivision I live in. If you have no sympathy for animals then that is your take on things. I hunt and eat wild animals, but I respect their domains and have symathy for their loss of habitat.

TXnorton

Old 06-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #49
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
I hunt and eat wild animals, but I respect their domains and have symathy for their loss of habitat.
And there's global warming, and Dick Chany is responsible for the oil spill, and volcanoes in Indonesia are caused by butterfly farts on the Serengeti.

I am all for the responsible management of natural resources and wildlife. But if you're going to throw around liberal psuedo-science terms, then don't get offended when you are labeled as such.

Scott

Quote:
Quote:
Join the NRA

Old 06-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #50

Quote:
...and volcanoes in Indonesia are caused by butterfly farts on the Serengeti...

Pure awesome.