bear attacks - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > bear attacks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Granted I don't live in grizzly country, and I don't really care if the dude was in his back yard. IMO,If you are in an area where the bears are you should be armed, period. If not then shame on ya.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #12

Liked 1421 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Granted I don't live in grizzly country, and I don't really care if the dude was in his back yard. IMO,If you are in an area where the bears are you should be armed, period. If not then shame on ya.

well there ya go. ill be sure to tell the million visitors to Yellowstone park to go home. But that would be a site to see that many people with 870 shot guns all in on place, may be we should rent them at the gate.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
The guy should have used more wisdom...

BUT BEARS DO NOT HAVE RIGHTS!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean rights in the term of like "Bill of Rights" more in the sense that God put them on the earth as well. I dont think its really fair to say that ALL bears should be in the zoo.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfireart View Post
well there ya go. ill be sure to tell the million visitors to Yellowstone park to go home. But that would be a site to see that many people with 870 shot guns all in on place, may be we should rent them at the gate.
not a bad idea, have at it!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #16
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2232 Times on 1205 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroque View Post
I didn't mean rights in the term of like "Bill of Rights" more in the sense that God put them on the earth as well. I dont think its really fair to say that ALL bears should be in the zoo.
Ok, that we can agree upon.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default No winners in Bear Country!!!!!

The people that Druged an tagged the bear should have removed the bear to a different locale. When the bear woke up he was pissed,and the old man was in his sights, end of story. They had a radio collar on the bear which made it easy to find and kill. Remember the next time a drug add. uses this as a defence as to killing someone. He was on drugs, This is a no win situation

Old 06-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroque View Post
Genesis 1:26 (King James Version)

"26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

If you want the religious angle on it, there it is, IMO. In my opinion, "fair" doesn't have anything to do with the survival & prosper aspect of human existance. I don't feel at all bad for the bears; their time has passed & the age of man is well under way. If & when a stronger species takes over, should we expect mercy in their struggle for survival & control?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-26-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #19

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Having dominion over the "...fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing..." means we are to manage and oversee the other creatures on the planet, not exterminate them.

Except spiders, all the spiders have to go!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #20
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2232 Times on 1205 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post

Except spiders, all the spiders have to go!!
And the snakes. A good snake is a dead snake.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA