Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   bear attacks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/bear-attacks-28709/)

willshoum 06-25-2010 05:00 PM

bear attacks

70 year old killed by bear that was tagged now this. no links. sorry folks I vote for the bear!!!!! Keep your ass out the woods if you want to live. this is BEAR COUNTRY.!!!!!!!

cpttango30 06-25-2010 05:38 PM

Grizzly bear kills 72-year-old walker | Mail Online

that is to bad that the bear had to be killed because some 72 year old douche bag went and did something he was told NOT to do. I think his widow should have to pay a $10,000 fine for the destruction of the bear and for her husband being a complete and utter douche bag.

orangello 06-25-2010 07:50 PM

I still see no reason for a bear to draw breath outside a zoo. If it is a law that i must wear a seatbelt & avoid transfats to protect me from my own stupidity/glutony, then there should be a "Bear Protection Act" to eliminate all of the free-range bears on U.S. soil.

ScottA 06-25-2010 07:58 PM

I vote for carrying a 12ga when walking in the area.

bigbad-ratman 06-25-2010 08:03 PM

Bear shoulda been a rug to begin with. How do they know the hiker was warned? Who told him there was a p1ss'd off bear nearby? Who physically walked up and said he needed to leave. I am thinking no one. Just guessing, but I think they were in 4x4 hauling booty to get away before they were snacked on themselves. There warning was pro'lly a sign posted on a tree several miles in the opposite direction. At least now there is one less bear to worry about.

dunerunner 06-25-2010 08:04 PM

How about the National Fish and Wildlife Service not releasing Grizzlys where they may come in contact with the human population! These textbook flakes pissed this bear off and it took it out on the first two legged grease spot it found!!

You want to llive in bear country, you have to increase your awareness!

The bear study group owns the responsibility for this one!

pandamonium 06-25-2010 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=

You want to llive in bear country, you have to increase your awareness!

![/QUOTE]

Agreed, Mr.dumba$$ should not be motoring around in bear country unless he is prepared to either become bear scat or defend himself. regardless of any signage, he had been visiting the area for 30 years, what, he didn't know it was friggin bear country?

amoroque 06-25-2010 09:08 PM

I think that guy should of known better........should of not ignored the signs.

Grizzly Bears have the same rights to be on this earth as we do. I for one enjoy seeing wildlife.

Its a shame this bear had to be put down.

ScottA 06-25-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoroque (Post 306057)
I think that guy should of known better........should of not ignored the signs.

Grizzly Bears have the same rights to be on this earth as we do. I for one enjoy seeing wildlife.

Its a shame this bear had to be put down.

The guy should have used more wisdom...

BUT BEARS DO NOT HAVE RIGHTS!!!!!!!!

joshfireart 06-25-2010 09:49 PM

you guys crack me up you live where there are no bears or at least grizzly and talk your smack the park service post signs and leave them up. where this guy was walking wasnt some wilderness trail its where there sumer cabin is the park service should have had rangers posted where this bear was coming out its drug induced sleep. the only good thing that came out of this is the bear was is to find and then shot.