Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Beach weather today!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Default Beach weather today!!!

Thought about going out and getting a tan today! It was -14F at 5:30am and got up to a sweltering 1 degree by 1pm!!
3++ ft of snow and ice in the yard, we had a few thaws early, and another 22..24" predicted for Weds.
Even my long legged Fox hound is getting tired of it.
Forget Coyote hunting. Rabbits are out because the snow is to deep to get to them. Snowshoes? Yep, they are useless also. We had 2.5ft last week in 2 storms. Even w/ my snowshoes I sink a foot each step. Well at least the Chestnut and hazelnut seedlings I planted this fall will have a cozy place for the winter. No F-ing trigger time!!!!
Ice fishing? Are you nuts!! I gave that up years ago. Why would anyone sit on a frozen lake in 1F and with the wind whipping across feels like -30F is beyond me. I think next week when it warms up to +10F I'll take a 91/30 out to the power lines, w/ snowshoes and play a little Winter War senerio. I may have a heart attack, but even my wife tells me I need to get out, shooting of course!
Can't wait for tonight (-21) and tomorrow(-5). Those are the highs....

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Thought about going out and getting a tan today! It was -14F at 5:30am and got up to a sweltering 1 degree by 1pm!!
3++ ft of snow and ice in the yard, we had a few thaws early, and another 22..24" predicted for Weds.
Even my long legged Fox hound is getting tired of it.
Forget Coyote hunting. Rabbits are out because the snow is to deep to get to them. Snowshoes? Yep, they are useless also. We had 2.5ft last week in 2 storms. Even w/ my snowshoes I sink a foot each step. Well at least the Chestnut and hazelnut seedlings I planted this fall will have a cozy place for the winter. No F-ing trigger time!!!!
Ice fishing? Are you nuts!! I gave that up years ago. Why would anyone sit on a frozen lake in 1F and with the wind whipping across feels like -30F is beyond me. I think next week when it warms up to +10F I'll take a 91/30 out to the power lines, w/ snowshoes and play a little Winter War senerio. I may have a heart attack, but even my wife tells me I need to get out, shooting of course!
Can't wait for tonight (-21) and tomorrow(-5). Those are the highs....

Wow JP, s*cks to be you.

Scubie

Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Dude! Seriously, we don't talk that funny down here; pack your stuff & bail out before some archaeologist-type has to chisel your butt outta some ice.

^^^ Could be you!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #4

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Orangello, The wife and I are talking maybe Virginia or North Carolina. We stay warm without oil though. My woodstove has been working overtime the last few days. F@ck OPEC and Chavez. I can always put on my "Union" suit and sub zero boots. If you ever saw my winter hunting gear, you would laugh! Gloves are the big issue. I wear a pair of Browning micro w/ a pair of fingerless rag wool over them. Trigger finger Ya know. I've had frostbite on my fingers and toes, so they hurt extra now.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:38 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
I've had frostbite on my fingers and toes, so they hurt extra now.
Oh well, i had a mild heatstroke while car shopping, so i guess it is just a trade off. Lots of people around here use wood heat, but probably not as much as you guys.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Mass quantities of alcohol !!!! I feel your pain.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #7

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Virginia is for lover OF GUNS.... We got plenty of space. But if you more here you have to get a place that offers Tango opportunity to blast ground hogs.....