Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Batton down the hatches boys and girls.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1726 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1968

Default Batton down the hatches boys and girls.....

Will this lil filly Sandy affect your life in the near future. They have already nicknamed her Frankenstorm.......Hey cane where you at.......Good luck and be safe.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #2

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Yes! Not looking good. They are predicting a billion dollars in damage. This link describes last year as 'an early snowstorm'...this one is differenthttp://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20121026/US.Super.Storm/?cid=hero_media

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #3

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Im in Massachusetts right on the coast, they said Irene was going to be terrible last year. We had a light rain and a little breeze. They want you to panic

Last edited by rurak; 10-26-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #4

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

I'm right of the Chesapeake and it just started pouring out of nowhere. I'm used to driving in rain but its bad enough I don't wanna drive to work.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #5

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

They're freaking our in Maine. I just laugh.

I've been through a hurricane in Hawaii, and 8 or 9 in my 15 years in South Carolina.

Here's a tip. For free...

Don't live your life on government handouts, and think of yourself as so frigging awesome and special to think that nature really gives a **** about your needs or desires.... If a storm the size of your state is coming and you have like 5 days to evacuate, Shut the **** up, and leave. I don't wanna hear crying, I don't wanna hear moaning, you can start walking today and be in safety by the time the storm hits.

If you live in a city, 3 feet below sea level, don't cry when 'da gubment' can't save your ass from your own stupidity.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1968

This went over like a pharte in the wind.......Runnnnnnn.....Whussys....... lol besafe my friends........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 10-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #7

Liked 169 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Well, for a change, Sandy missed us here in SE Florida. We did get some heavy rain and winds up to 50+ MPH, did some beach damage and limited flooding. Hopefully the people in its path are prepared.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Gentle rain here right now. It's annoying because I can't do the outdoor stuff I want to do. Looks like whatever's left of Sandy will pay me a visit Wednesday and Thursday. Not too worried, though. Plenty of supplies, lots of gas for the genny, several cords of wood under tarps, vehicles are gassed up just in case.

For those of you who may actually get hit with hurricane-force winds and rain, stay safe and don't be shy about bugging out if it's the smart thing to do.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #9

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
don't be shy about bugging out if it's the smart thing to do.
....good advice...there's always that small percentage..
untitledm.jpg  

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5498 Times on 2717 Posts
Likes Given: 5836

I live in Central NY and thats the direct path of this thing from what they are showing. Add to that that I live less than a 1/4 mile from Windmills on the top of a large ridge and Im a bit nervous but mostly prepared as I need to be. My house is 180+ years old and there is a reason its still standing today, its big and heavy and built to withstand time and Mother Nature.

Guns and Ammo, Check
Beer, JD and Munchies, Check
Water, check
Food, Check,
Generator, Check
Chainsaw, Check
Fuel, Check
Beer, JD and Munchies, Check

Better check the Beer, JD and Munchies again. Luckily, where I live, were as near to off the grid as you can get so were pretty prepared come what may. I pray all of you out there fare the storm unscathed and safe!