battle for LA
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > battle for LA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5511 Times on 2878 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Default battle for LA

i cannot tell from the previews if its gonna be another stupid shaky handicam movie or not. or even worse aliens sucking out peeps brains and turning them blue for no reason.

anyone got a clue?? i dont wanna sit thru another pos blairwitch movie.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't have a clue of what will hit the screen, and I feel the same way about the trailers. As I am a player over at HSX.com, I have been tracking this movie for awhile and here are some "thoughts" that are worth less than the time it's taking to type them out.

Director: Joanathan Liebesman

I have nothing against the guy, but of his recent "directorial" efforts I can claim having actually watched "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning" and "Darkness Falls". Both are horror films, which are some of the easiest to direct in my mind, and neither of them were anything to write home about. They wouldn't make my top 100 desert island DVD's and neither one did crappola at the box office.

Writer: Chris Bertolini

He worked on the screenplay for "The General's Daughter" with Travolta a few years ago. That was a good movie, but it wasn't his work, he took someone else's work and helped mold it into a better "movie" script. His only other "worthy' achievement was a made for TV movie called Madso's War? Did you see it? Yeah, I didn't think so, neither did I.

This is a BIG leap for two guys with a proven limited range. The exception to the rule that always gives me pause is a guy named McG. Came out of NOWHERE to direct the Charlie's Angles' flicks and another guy named Bryan Singer who came out of nowhere to direct The Usual Suspects.

I just don't think these two are in the same league as either of those guys, so I am thinking PPV for this one out of respect for the $40 it's going to take for me and the lady to go see it.

YMMV -

JD

Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

thats about my take on it atm. i WANT to believe it will be good as the premise is good. but that wont make it good.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1829 Times on 1054 Posts
Likes Given: 3758

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
thats about my take on it atm. i WANT to believe it will be good as the premise is good. but that wont make it good.
Hopefully better than Skyline! We have 15 days for release, Mar 11, 2011!

Old 02-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #5
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1829 Times on 1054 Posts
Likes Given: 3758

I just finished watching Area 51 on Syfy Channel, it was okay; but, they showed some additional clips of Battle Los Angeles that are not on the trailer's! More tease until 11 March.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:12 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'll wait until it comes on cable. Frankly, I think the aliens already control LA.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 AM   #7

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I just finished watching Area 51 on Syfy Channel, it was okay; but, they showed some additional clips of Battle Los Angeles that are not on the trailer's! More tease until 11 March.

i couldn't watch, it was sooooooooo cheesy.........$5 backyard movie.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #8

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
i couldn't watch, it was sooooooooo cheesy.........$5 backyard movie.
Boy, Bruce Boxleitner has fallen a long way from his role as John Sheridan on Babylon 5......

Old 02-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
Boy, Bruce Boxleitner has fallen a long way from his role as John Sheridan on Babylon 5......
hey now. i thought area 51 was better than babylon 5

Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Babylon 5 was a disgrace to sic fi....