Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   battle for LA (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/battle-la-38928/)

JonM 02-24-2011 07:43 PM

battle for LA

i cannot tell from the previews if its gonna be another stupid shaky handicam movie or not. or even worse aliens sucking out peeps brains and turning them blue for no reason.

anyone got a clue?? i dont wanna sit thru another pos blairwitch movie.

Dillinger 02-24-2011 08:18 PM

I don't have a clue of what will hit the screen, and I feel the same way about the trailers. As I am a player over at HSX.com, I have been tracking this movie for awhile and here are some "thoughts" that are worth less than the time it's taking to type them out.

Director: Joanathan Liebesman

I have nothing against the guy, but of his recent "directorial" efforts I can claim having actually watched "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning" and "Darkness Falls". Both are horror films, which are some of the easiest to direct in my mind, and neither of them were anything to write home about. They wouldn't make my top 100 desert island DVD's and neither one did crappola at the box office.

Writer: Chris Bertolini

He worked on the screenplay for "The General's Daughter" with Travolta a few years ago. That was a good movie, but it wasn't his work, he took someone else's work and helped mold it into a better "movie" script. His only other "worthy' achievement was a made for TV movie called Madso's War? Did you see it? Yeah, I didn't think so, neither did I. :rolleyes:

This is a BIG leap for two guys with a proven limited range. The exception to the rule that always gives me pause is a guy named McG. Came out of NOWHERE to direct the Charlie's Angles' flicks and another guy named Bryan Singer who came out of nowhere to direct The Usual Suspects.

I just don't think these two are in the same league as either of those guys, so I am thinking PPV for this one out of respect for the $40 it's going to take for me and the lady to go see it.

YMMV -

JD

JonM 02-24-2011 08:44 PM

thats about my take on it atm. i WANT to believe it will be good as the premise is good. but that wont make it good.

Bigcountry02 02-24-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 452602)
thats about my take on it atm. i WANT to believe it will be good as the premise is good. but that wont make it good.

Hopefully better than Skyline! We have 15 days for release, Mar 11, 2011!

Bigcountry02 02-27-2011 03:06 AM

I just finished watching Area 51 on Syfy Channel, it was okay; but, they showed some additional clips of Battle Los Angeles that are not on the trailer's! More tease until 11 March.

CA357 02-27-2011 03:12 AM

I'll wait until it comes on cable. Frankly, I think the aliens already control LA.

USEBOTHHANDS 02-27-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 454211)
I just finished watching Area 51 on Syfy Channel, it was okay; but, they showed some additional clips of Battle Los Angeles that are not on the trailer's! More tease until 11 March.

i couldn't watch, it was sooooooooo cheesy.........$5 backyard movie.:eek:

AcidFlashGordon 02-27-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS (Post 454219)
i couldn't watch, it was sooooooooo cheesy.........$5 backyard movie.:eek:

Boy, Bruce Boxleitner has fallen a long way from his role as John Sheridan on Babylon 5......:eek:

JonM 02-27-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon (Post 454393)
Boy, Bruce Boxleitner has fallen a long way from his role as John Sheridan on Babylon 5......:eek:

hey now. i thought area 51 was better than babylon 5 :(

cpttango30 02-27-2011 03:00 PM

Babylon 5 was a disgrace to sic fi....