Battle on the home front
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Battle on the home front

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1078 Times on 781 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Default Battle on the home front

Im sure Im not the only one who has had this experiance or Jerry Springer episode in their life but her it goes . My moms sibblings consist of 1 brother and 4 sisters . My mother died a bit over a year ago and she was second to the youngest . I have 3 aunts 1 is too old to do anything the 2 oldest lives in va and lives to micro manage and my uncle has 5 divorces under his belt so that leaves my other aunt, the youngest and the only other one to have a kid . About 2-3 months ago my aunt K and her husband '' uncle g'' who have been married for 23 yrs started having issues . He has always had harleys and has recently bought one for about 29k and is prospecting for a motorcycle club/gang. The club does not represent the family values as a whole so that has upset some of us but it put the most tension on my aunt and uncle . They have seperated and the other night she told my cousin that she was going to shoot herself '' with MY beretta '' I had give her . So I get that phone call in the middle of the night and rush over ''only 1.5miles '' and calm her down and get all of the guns out . Uncle G is on his way .... All was getting better till his club buddie came with him ..... The scene that followed would have been banned from cops and springer , hell hath no fury like a woman scorned . He leaves for his life and my dad shows up for my reinforcment . We
convinced her to go to the special place voluntarily and she did . All seemed fine , she got some medicine had a family meeting with the doc , set up some times for preacher man to come talk with them . She gets released today , all 3 go home , cousin , uncle G and aunt K . He gets a text from his club buddy and it super sonicly goes to hell in a hand basket again . My older aunt , the micro manager cant come down to help , the divorced brother is no help my dad is scared of aunt K and I have 1.5yo twins at home , her son is a whimpy kid with no direction . They live in a decent middle class subdivision and she can get violent quick and if no one is around to keep her calm im sure the police will show up , Im scared if she has to go back it will be invoulintary and the state will own her . She has left her husband with the ultimatium of the club or her , and I have to be involved b/c she watches our kids 3 days a week and now its gotten a bit scary .
We all grew up southren baptist and I know the Big man upstairs has control , But I feel there is only so much Me and my wife can do right now . It seems that my mother was the only one who could deal with her but right now aunt K has just lost it , 1st mom died , the next monday G-mom died and now her hsband has left her . Just wondering the input from some strangers here on what we should do . I have removed all guns / knives / and medicine from her house but you never know .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #2

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Is the Motorcycle club a ..1%..club..???...They are a ruff-bunch....The Motorcycle club always comes first...My older brother is V.P. of a club,but they are what u call a ..13%..club....None territorial...A much more layed back club....A friend of mine,joined a 1%r club and I don't know why...To many Politickes for me just to ride your bike....It seems your doing the right thing in getting all the guns out of the way....GOOD-LUCK...with all that.......

Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #3

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

There is no good solution to this situation except for the aunt to get her head on straight, on her own. if you help her do this then she will be better off, but you WILL piss someone off in the process. find a different babysitter and piss someone off, keep your distance and piss someone off, do nothing and piss someone off... the list goes on. You know more details than us, but it sounds to me like you will have the pick the lesser evil. This uncle, it sounds like he married into the family? He should respect the family, but most importantly he should respect his WIFE.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 869 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 192

What part of taking care of your immediate family are you having trouble with... the rest is all useless inconsequential noise!

Old 09-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #5

He refuses to talk to her or come home until she gets some '' emotional help'' . when his group has issues hells angles come in to mediate . They are called lords of loyalty , and yea im not going to join a group that tells me what to do either .I dont have a problem helping her , its just hard on me and the wife , for 1 we are half their age with half the experiance and half the advice , No one else in the family feels like they can deal with her . Right now im working on trying to keep her from beating a dead horse , her thoughts and actions are nothing but a circle . Its a mess right now , my mother and father inlaw have also split after 29yrs .. I gave her an acre of land beside me to put a little trailer house on but its worth it '' can we say baby sitter '' ? lol thats the only upside to having a mother inlaw living 100yrds away . I feel like Job in the bible almost

You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Go find a Hula Hoop. Then:

1. Place the Hula Hoop on the ground

2. Step inside the Hula Hoop.

3. Don't concern yourself with anything outside the Hula Hoop

These people are adults and are responsible for their own lives. It's good that you care, but you really can't do anything other than removing the weapons and drugs. You've done that. Now it's up to them and God.

Walk away knowing that it's not in your power to do anything and take care of your family.

Sadly, I have two sisters and their families whom I no longer have anything to do with. I love them, but I had to choose not to communicate with them or have them in my life. Too much drama, too much ego and too many games. I prefer to live without that stuff.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Go find a Hula Hoop. Then:

1. Place the Hula Hoop on the ground

2. Step inside the Hula Hoop.

That's probably the single most profound and worthy piece of advice you will ever get on any forum anywhere at any time. Pay attention to this guy.

Quote:
These people are adults and are responsible for their own lives. It's good that you care, but you really can't do anything other than removing the weapons and drugs. You've done that. Now it's up to them and God.
I would add "...and find someone else to watch your kids three days a week because she's clearly not fit."

Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #8

im just now able to stop laughing . I am a firm beleiver in ,,, If you see a situation and know that you can do somthing about then have at it , BUT if you see a situation that you cant influence then there is no need to worry about it b/c you will never change the out come . The fine line is thinking you can help and realizing you cant

Old 09-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #9

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I love the hula hoop idea!!! This is a messed up situation, but that piece of advice about sums it up.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 869 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:

Too much drama, too much ego and too many games. I prefer to live without that stuff.
Good friend of ours has fought this concept for decades... We worked for quite some time to get her to step into the hula hoop, and once she finally did, she went off her blood pressure meds and is a far far happier person. Which I had seen this a year ago