Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Batman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1093

I liked Christian Bale. I thought he was the best. I liked Michael Keaton too. But I thought the other movies were just plain stupid.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 08-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #12

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1360

Default R.I.P. Heath Ledger

The best Batman movie made so far has got to be 2008's "The Dark Knight" with Heath Ledger as the Joker.... That film was everything from dark, funny, multi-layered and frightning all rolled into one. Alot like the current run of Batman graphic novels have been... and the performances were outstanding. Although I was sadden by the death of young Ledger, I was glad he will be remembered for that final film. I had reenacting friends who worked as extras with him while filming "The Patriot" near Rock Hill SC...and everyone always commented on what a decent and humble person he was. He would not hesitate to ask for their opinion on his dress, manner or speech while having meals with the crew.
...The good news is the Batman animated films are increadible!! I recommend you see "Under the Red Hood" and "Batman/Superman... Public Enemies"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Under_the_Red_Hood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman/Batman:_Public_Enemies
..and I'm going to let my "comic geek" flag fly here... For all you "Silver Age" fans I HIGHLY recommend "Justic League; The New Frontier"; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League:_The_New_Frontier

Last edited by NC1760; 08-27-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #13

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760
The best Batman movie made so far has got to be 2008'a "The Dark Knight" with Heath Ledger as the Joker.... That film was everything from dark, funny, multi-layered and frightning all rolled into one. Alot like the current run of Batman graphic novels have been... and the performances were outstanding. Although I was sadden by the death of young Ledger, I was glad he will be remembered for that final film. I had reenacting friends who worked as extras with him while filming "The Patriot" near Rock Hill SC...and everyone always commented on what a decent and humble person he was. He would not hesitate to ask for their opinion on his dress, manner or speech while having meals with the crew.
...The good news is the Batman animated films are increadible!! I recommend you see "Under the Red Hood" and "Batman/Superman... Public Enemies"
..and I'm going to let my "comic geek" flag fly here... For all you "Silver Age" fans I HIGHLY recommend "Justic League; The New Frontier"; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League:_The_New_Frontier
Yeah that was by far my favorite batman movie. I love Heath Ledger movies, such as A Knights Tale. And the fact he took so much time and put so much effort into his character is astounding. He will surely be missed. His play as the Joker could never be redone in a better preformance

Old 08-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #14

Liked 663 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I saw his old car in Indianapolis last weekend. I'm really not a big batman fan any more though.

image-2588252332.jpg

image-3650005098.jpg

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

People Like This 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #15

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
The best Batman movie made so far has got to be 2008'a "The Dark Knight" with Heath Ledger as the Joker.... That film was everything from dark, funny, multi-layered and frightning all rolled into one. Alot like the current run of Batman graphic novels have been... and the performances were outstanding. Although I was sadden by the death of young Ledger, I was glad he will be remembered for that final film. I had reenacting friends who worked as extras with him while filming "The Patriot" near Rock Hill SC...and everyone always commented on what a decent and humble person he was. He would not hesitate to ask for their opinion on his dress, manner or speech while having meals with the crew.
Ledger did play the best Joker. Sorry "comic geek", I was a very big Marvel fan.. Don't get me wrong I did collect all kinds of comics which I still have.. You can't pass up a good comic hero cartoon though!!!. The Avengers cartoons were really good too. I have Avengers 1 & 2 on DVD.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Ledger did play the best Joker. Sorry "comic geek", I was a very big Marvel fan.. Don't get me wrong I did collect all kinds of comics which I still have.. You can't pass up a good comic hero cartoon though!!!. The Avengers cartoons were really good too. I have Avengers 1 & 2 on DVD.
OH MAN!!... That last "Avengers" movie was fantastic!!! I liked the "Captain America" movie too! Looking forward to the "SHEILD" tv series this Fall on CBS !!

In all honesty... I love a good story more than a particular brand of comic. That's why I love anything Will Eisner did..Especially "The Spirit"... and yes, I want to punch Frank Miller in the face over that last movie he did too!! The only good thing about that movie was getting to see Eva Mendes's backside for 1/2 a second!! ....They made a TV movie in '87 (when Eisner was alive) that was MUCH closer to the comic and I've been trying to find a DVD copy for years!!! Yes, that is Sam (Flash Gordon) Jones playing Denny Colt/The Spirit !!
...But I digress. Has anyone ever seen the M16 army manual/comic that Eisner did for the boys during 'Nam ??? http://www.ep.tc/problems/25/
Man could that guy draw!! No wonder they call the "Comicbook of the year" award the "Eisner" !!

Old 08-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #17

Quote:
OH MAN!!... That last "Avengers" movie was fantastic!!! I liked the "Captain America" movie too! Looking forward to the "SHEILD" tv series this Fall on CBS !!

In all honesty... I love a good story more than a particular brand of comic. That's why I love anything Will Eisner did..Especially "The Spirit"... and yes, I want to punch Frank Miller in the face over that last movie he did too!! The only good thing about that movie was getting to see Eva Mendes's backside for 1/2 a second!! ....They made a TV movie in '87 (when Eisner was alive) that was MUCH closer to the comic and I've been trying to find a DVD copy for years!!! Yes, that is Sam (Flash Gordon) Jones playing Denny Colt/The Spirit !!
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDzzxnTN75U
...But I digress. Has anyone ever seen the M16 army manual/comic that Eisner did for the boys during 'Nam ??? http://www.ep.tc/problems/25/
Man could that guy draw!! No wonder they call the "Comicbook of the year" award the "Eisner" !!
I don't know about the "SHIELD" show yet. I was talking comics to my daughter last night because we are watching all the comic book movies. We are finishing Captain America. I didn't get to much into Frank Millers comics. My favorite comic was the X-Men, but I did collect all kinds of comics.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #18

Default Comic geeks assemble !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I don't know about the "SHIELD" show yet. I was talking comics to my daughter last night because we are watching all the comic book movies. We are finishing Captain America. I didn't get to much into Frank Millers comics. My favorite comic was the X-Men, but I did collect all kinds of comics.
..My bad!!... It's on ABC this fall;
As for the Xmen francise... With so many storylines and characters from the past 40-50 years of those comics, these movies could go on forever !!! It's getting the actors to re-sign ($$$) and what do you do when they start to age? Sooner or later you're almost always faced with the "Lazenby as Bond" issue in that case. BTW... I think the current "Spiderman" reboots suck also!!

..As for my previous rant on comic book to movie attempts... WHY oh WHY didn't they do my favorite "Jonah Hex" as an acid western? Make it JUST LIKE the comic... An amalgamation of "Outlaw Josey Wales", the supernatural eliments of "High Planes Drifter" and the cinimatic direction of the "True Grit" remake. ??? But then again, usually some Holey-wood insider (who's not a fan of the original material comics I'll bet) says "I can make it better!!!" ...and you wind up with something like "Lone Ranger"...( then just plain )
Old 08-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
I saw his old car in Indianapolis last weekend. I'm really not a big batman fan any more though.

Attachment 115605

Attachment 115606
GENCON Indy was last weekend. WorldCon 71/LoneStarCon 3 is this weekend in San Antonio.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 08-25-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #20

Quote:
..My bad!!... It's on ABC this fall;
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3T-evQZiQo
As for the Xmen francise... With so many storylines and characters from the past 40-50 years of those comics, these movies could go on forever !!! It's getting the actors to re-sign ($$$) and what do you do when they start to age? Sooner or later you're almost always faced with the "Lazenby as Bond" issue in that case. BTW... I think the current "Spiderman" reboots suck also!!

..As for my previous rant on comic book to movie attempts... WHY oh WHY didn't they do my favorite "Jonah Hex" as an acid western? Make it JUST LIKE the comic... An amalgamation of "Outlaw Josey Wales", the supernatural eliments of "High Planes Drifter" and the cinimatic direction of the "True Grit" remake. ??? But then again, usually some Holey-wood insider (who's not a fan of the original material comics I'll bet) says "I can make it better!!!" ...and you wind up with something like "Lone Ranger"...( then just plain )
I know about SHIELD, but haven't decided yet.. I never saw Jonah Hex. There are sooooo many different characters for X-Men and I think that is why that they starting from the beginning. First class was pretty good, but I'm hoping "Days of Future Past" will be good. I thought Spider-Man was good. Thor could've been better and Captain America was ok.