Bastrop TX. Fireman

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bastrop TX. Fireman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bastrop TX. Fireman

I'm not sure how reliable this story is, being people are people but I will tell ya'll what I was told.

Whilst working in the kitchen at the place of my employment, a man and his wife arrived with tears in their eyes. After being rushed by the wait staff to sit, drink and eat in an attempt to change their moods; they relayed their story of how the feds had just kicked them off their property while the husband, a fire fighter, was trying to protect his home and stables. They had come through the gate, just letting themselves in and demanded that they vacate the area or face being arrested. He said by the time they had reached the gate, after grabbing what they could to fit on the truck as they were forced from their property, they could already see that their home and stables were up in flames. 12 horses and everything they own. He had also mentioned that some of his firemen buddies had been arrested for not leaving on free will from their homes.

Like I said, I don't know how factual this story is but the couple were very upset. Whether or not it is true, their story infuriated me and my coworkers, especially us Texas boys.
I had to tell someone.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #2

Liked 1940 Times on 1234 Posts
Likes Given: 1051

I think I'd have to dismiss this one. If he were a firefighter, why wasn't he at work? The "feds" chased him off? It's usally the local/state police or firefighters who ask people to leave. If it did happen, it appears someone saved their lives. If the fire moved quickly enough to destroy everything as they were leaving their property, he couldn't have done much more with a garden hose.
He may have lost his home, but there's smoke blowing somewhere else, I think. Let us know when the real comes out.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98
I think I'd have to dismiss this one. If he were a firefighter, why wasn't he at work? The "feds" chased him off? It's usally the local/state police or firefighters who ask people to leave. If it did happen, it appears someone saved their lives. If the fire moved quickly enough to destroy everything as they were leaving their property, he couldn't have done much more with a garden hose.
He may have lost his home, but there's smoke blowing somewhere else, I think. Let us know when the real comes out.
I agree with you; it seemed kind of sketchy. I'm just telling what I was told. I will probably never see the man again. I was just sharing my experience. My mind is also full of doubt about it, but this is what the man said.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I live in the effected area, and the only "feds" I saw were from the forestry service. The only people giving evacuation notices were the sheriff's department. A deputy drove up my driveway and told us to evacuate immediately, but did not force us out or threaten to arrest us. And the only reason that he even came on our property was because I left the gate open.

I can tell you for a fact that the rumor mills was in full production, so . . . . . . .

Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik
I live in the effected area, and the only "feds" I saw were from the forestry service. The only people giving evacuation notices were the sheriff's department. A deputy drove up my driveway and told us to evacuate immediately, but did not force us out or threaten to arrest us. And the only reason that he even came on our property was because I left the gate open.

I can tell you for a fact that the rumor mills was in full production, so . . . . . . .
Well, there you go.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #6

As a police officer dealing with the fires up here in North East Texas, I'd like to make some points.

1) This is a rumor, and it does nobody any good perpetuating it... whether on the web or at your local coffee shop.

2) I have evacuated many people. There were a few who thought they could save their little corner of the planet with a garden hose that massive crews with big firetrucks, water-dropping airplanes, and forestry service and National Guard crews with bulldozers couldn't stop.

3) When evacuations are FORCED, it's because staying there puts your LIFE in danger. Does anybody have anything on their property worth dying for? If an individual ignores the evacuation order, then the crews that WERE dedicated to stopping the massive fire now have to deal with rescuing the dumbass.

4) I find it unlikely a firefighter would've been home during these disasters. I'm a cop, and I only came home to shower and grab a few winks before going back.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #7

Here's some pics I posted during the massive fire up here in NE Texas:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/texas-needs-water-47743/#post576288

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post

That sounds right. Being here I think that would not be received well.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Newest Threads