Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > bass pro is OVER priced!!! D:<

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default bass pro is OVER priced!!! D:<

i was wandering around my local bass pro when i thought to look at the ammo prices in there. HOLY @#%$ 15 dollars for A box of 410 shells. 10 dollars for A box of 12 guage. 20 dollars for 20 30-30 rounds. 25 dollars for 500 .22. this is an outrage. its robbery what kind of business do they run in there? thats highway robbery. note to anyone and everyone... DO NOT BUY FROM BASS PRO OR CABELLAS. damn crooks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2010, 03:26 AM   #2

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410shooter View Post
DO NOT BUY FROM BASS PRO OR CABELLAS. damn crooks
I feel your pain, but I'm still gonna go. What a selection....I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Did you buy anything.....or did you vote with your feet?

Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Yes they are. Whenever I go and try to look at a firearm I get ignored. So I say the hell with them. I'll go to the local mom and pop shops, save some $$$ and help out the locals.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 09-19-2010, 04:33 AM   #4

they do in fact have a good selection. but only because they make you pay through the nose to walk out with just one box! there are tons of gun shops around the us i advise all of you guys to use them. bass pro made me so mad. what is sad is there was a line of people buying ammo from them... poor guys, right when i saw the prices and the line of people i made a b-line for the exit. i will NEVER buy ammo there. D:< D:<

Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

It's called SHOPPING. You have to do it.

410 shells are always expensive.

$25 for 500 22lr is not bad. I have a local mom and pop shop that wants $25 for a box of 50 cci stingers.

I was just down in my local one and got a nice red head day pack for $15 and a set of shooting sticks for $20.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Are those places pricey? Yes they are but where else are you going to find that kind of selection? If you know what you want you can shop around for the best price. In a retail location you won't find 410s much cheaper, might save a few on 12 but they will be crap loads. Those ammo prices aren't out of line, slightly higher then what's at Wal Mart but not much. If you don't like their prices, don't shop there.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #7

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

As I expected, the OP is gonna have a tough time convincing THIS crowd not to go to Bass Pro or Cabela's!

But I did go to that fish restaurant at Bass Pro yesterday, Tango. It was terrible. Didn't have the gator tail, though.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8333 Times on 3604 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

SOMEBODY is paying to support that 25000 gallon glass tank with the live rainbow trout, and for hanging the airplane from the ceiling!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
SOMEBODY is paying to support that 25000 gallon glass tank with the live rainbow trout, and for hanging the airplane from the ceiling!
Don't forget all the mounted animals.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Around here where I live Bass Pro is the only place to get a pound of powder and a couple of hundred primers for reloading without getting raped by the shipping and special surtax for handling. It's high at Bass Pro, but still cheaper than getting it from the online suppliers.

I wouldn't buy ammo from them unless it was a very good sale as ammo can be had online and delivered to your house for much cheaper prices. On special occassions Cabelas has sales on ammo that are hard to beat and several times a year they offer free shipping to boot, so I jump on that.

For .22's I get good Federal 550 Bulk Packs for $15.47 ea. at Walmart that my guns digest like crazy. Most other ammo at Walmart is good too. My local Walmarts are all stocked back-up from the shortages that followed after the election for a year. I've never had any issues with their ammo and their prices are way better than Bass Pro's.

Closed Thread