Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   bass pro is OVER priced!!! D:< (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/bass-pro-over-priced-d-31913/)

410shooter 09-19-2010 04:04 AM

bass pro is OVER priced!!! D:<

i was wandering around my local bass pro when i thought to look at the ammo prices in there. HOLY @#%$ 15 dollars for A box of 410 shells. 10 dollars for A box of 12 guage. 20 dollars for 20 30-30 rounds. 25 dollars for 500 .22. this is an outrage. its robbery what kind of business do they run in there? thats highway robbery. note to anyone and everyone... DO NOT BUY FROM BASS PRO OR CABELLAS. damn crooks :mad: :mad:

lonyaeger 09-19-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 410shooter (Post 353146)
DO NOT BUY FROM BASS PRO OR CABELLAS. damn crooks :mad: :mad:

I feel your pain, but I'm still gonna go. What a selection....I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Did you buy anything.....or did you vote with your feet?

cameronguyton 09-19-2010 04:43 AM

Yes they are. Whenever I go and try to look at a firearm I get ignored. So I say the hell with them. I'll go to the local mom and pop shops, save some $$$ and help out the locals.

410shooter 09-19-2010 05:33 AM

they do in fact have a good selection. but only because they make you pay through the nose to walk out with just one box! there are tons of gun shops around the us i advise all of you guys to use them. bass pro made me so mad. what is sad is there was a line of people buying ammo from them... poor guys, right when i saw the prices and the line of people i made a b-line for the exit. i will NEVER buy ammo there. D:< D:<

cpttango30 09-19-2010 12:57 PM

It's called SHOPPING. You have to do it.

410 shells are always expensive.

$25 for 500 22lr is not bad. I have a local mom and pop shop that wants $25 for a box of 50 cci stingers.

I was just down in my local one and got a nice red head day pack for $15 and a set of shooting sticks for $20.

spittinfire 09-19-2010 01:09 PM

Are those places pricey? Yes they are but where else are you going to find that kind of selection? If you know what you want you can shop around for the best price. In a retail location you won't find 410s much cheaper, might save a few on 12 but they will be crap loads. Those ammo prices aren't out of line, slightly higher then what's at Wal Mart but not much. If you don't like their prices, don't shop there.

lonyaeger 09-19-2010 01:12 PM

As I expected, the OP is gonna have a tough time convincing THIS crowd not to go to Bass Pro or Cabela's!

But I did go to that fish restaurant at Bass Pro yesterday, Tango. It was terrible. Didn't have the gator tail, though.

c3shooter 09-19-2010 01:14 PM

SOMEBODY is paying to support that 25000 gallon glass tank with the live rainbow trout, and for hanging the airplane from the ceiling!:D

spittinfire 09-19-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 353295)
SOMEBODY is paying to support that 25000 gallon glass tank with the live rainbow trout, and for hanging the airplane from the ceiling!:D

Don't forget all the mounted animals.

Snakedriver 09-19-2010 02:04 PM

Around here where I live Bass Pro is the only place to get a pound of powder and a couple of hundred primers for reloading without getting raped by the shipping and special surtax for handling. It's high at Bass Pro, but still cheaper than getting it from the online suppliers.

I wouldn't buy ammo from them unless it was a very good sale as ammo can be had online and delivered to your house for much cheaper prices. On special occassions Cabelas has sales on ammo that are hard to beat and several times a year they offer free shipping to boot, so I jump on that.

For .22's I get good Federal 550 Bulk Packs for $15.47 ea. at Walmart that my guns digest like crazy. Most other ammo at Walmart is good too. My local Walmarts are all stocked back-up from the shortages that followed after the election for a year. I've never had any issues with their ammo and their prices are way better than Bass Pro's.