Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Baseball...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I'd rather watch the Little League World Series. The World baseball is a joke. I'b sure it is backed by the MLB to get cheaper looks at guys from all over the world.

Cuba is out, you say? Good.

The thing is that there are players born in the US and still playing for their country of 'heritage'. Stupid. Just like the natural born US German-Americans returning to Germany to fight for Hitler.

If you are a US citizen, you have given up any other citizenship. Born or naturalized, US citizenship should not be taken lightly. The country that was snubbed should not even allow them to come and play and represent the country they have left for the US, period.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
If you are a US citizen, you have given up any other citizenship. Born or naturalized, US citizenship should not be taken lightly. The country that was snubbed should not even allow them to come and play and represent the country they have left for the US, period.
it bugs me too a little bit, but did the feel the same way about wayne gretzky playing for canada in the olympics? the reason those foreign players play here is because there's no money to be made in their countries. they pay taxes in the USA, they entertain us citizens, they help us businessmen make money, then they go to their home country and play for free for a few weeks. not a huge deal.

especially considering that since there is limited roster space, most of them wouldn't be playing at all during the WBC.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

If one is a citizen of this county, they should be proud to be a citizen. That's the way it used to be with immigrants. Legal immigrants. I don't want to turn this into an 'illegal immigrant' thread.

Seriously, A-Rod was gonna play for D.R.?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #24

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
it bugs me too a little bit, but did the feel the same way about wayne gretzky playing for canada in the olympics? the reason those foreign players play here is because there's no money to be made in their countries. they pay taxes in the USA, they entertain us citizens, they help us businessmen make money, then they go to their home country and play for free for a few weeks. not a huge deal.
especially considering that since there is limited roster space, most of them wouldn't be playing at all during the WBC.
+1 Roosterjuicer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
If one is a citizen of this county, they should be proud to be a citizen. That's the way it used to be with immigrants. Legal immigrants. I don't want to turn this into an 'illegal immigrant' thread.
Seriously, A-Rod was gonna play for D.R.?
I'm not U.S citizen, but I can tell you something... some people plays in the team when he would be a star ..."The STAR", when he don't have to "earn" the titularity in the roster... some people plays because they love this game, any game.... in here several americans come and became venezuelans to play in our local prefessional basketball teams, this is because the basketball league put quotas on how many foreigners each team can have in their rosters, and this is not the NBA, so the money is out of the question... they want to live for/from the game...
Ok, A-Rod would be titular anyway in any team, but remember that some likes be THE STAR of the team... and maybe Jeter would eclipse that dream, that's why the venezuelan team pass thru a extended psicological training instead a physical training this year, the previous tounaments, was an all star group of venezuelan players, not a team.... this year (beside of the MLB of don't let play several venezuelans) we send a team.
Remember that many, most, to not say all, of the latin players in the MLB came from poverty, so to many of them when they become rich and famous their egos become in to something bigger.

...The joke is that Dominican Republic was eliminated by Netherlands! hohoho LOL that is sad... very sad... they became the joke of the WBC...
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE