Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Baseball...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

I'd rather watch the Little League World Series. The World baseball is a joke. I'b sure it is backed by the MLB to get cheaper looks at guys from all over the world.

Cuba is out, you say? Good.

The thing is that there are players born in the US and still playing for their country of 'heritage'. Stupid. Just like the natural born US German-Americans returning to Germany to fight for Hitler.

If you are a US citizen, you have given up any other citizenship. Born or naturalized, US citizenship should not be taken lightly. The country that was snubbed should not even allow them to come and play and represent the country they have left for the US, period.

__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
roosterjuicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 303
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
If you are a US citizen, you have given up any other citizenship. Born or naturalized, US citizenship should not be taken lightly. The country that was snubbed should not even allow them to come and play and represent the country they have left for the US, period.
it bugs me too a little bit, but did the feel the same way about wayne gretzky playing for canada in the olympics? the reason those foreign players play here is because there's no money to be made in their countries. they pay taxes in the USA, they entertain us citizens, they help us businessmen make money, then they go to their home country and play for free for a few weeks. not a huge deal.

especially considering that since there is limited roster space, most of them wouldn't be playing at all during the WBC.
__________________
roosterjuicer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

If one is a citizen of this county, they should be proud to be a citizen. That's the way it used to be with immigrants. Legal immigrants. I don't want to turn this into an 'illegal immigrant' thread.

Seriously, A-Rod was gonna play for D.R.?

__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AsmelEduardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 2,447
Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
it bugs me too a little bit, but did the feel the same way about wayne gretzky playing for canada in the olympics? the reason those foreign players play here is because there's no money to be made in their countries. they pay taxes in the USA, they entertain us citizens, they help us businessmen make money, then they go to their home country and play for free for a few weeks. not a huge deal.
especially considering that since there is limited roster space, most of them wouldn't be playing at all during the WBC.
+1 Roosterjuicer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
If one is a citizen of this county, they should be proud to be a citizen. That's the way it used to be with immigrants. Legal immigrants. I don't want to turn this into an 'illegal immigrant' thread.
Seriously, A-Rod was gonna play for D.R.?
I'm not U.S citizen, but I can tell you something... some people plays in the team when he would be a star ..."The STAR", when he don't have to "earn" the titularity in the roster... some people plays because they love this game, any game.... in here several americans come and became venezuelans to play in our local prefessional basketball teams, this is because the basketball league put quotas on how many foreigners each team can have in their rosters, and this is not the NBA, so the money is out of the question... they want to live for/from the game...
Ok, A-Rod would be titular anyway in any team, but remember that some likes be THE STAR of the team... and maybe Jeter would eclipse that dream, that's why the venezuelan team pass thru a extended psicological training instead a physical training this year, the previous tounaments, was an all star group of venezuelan players, not a team.... this year (beside of the MLB of don't let play several venezuelans) we send a team.
Remember that many, most, to not say all, of the latin players in the MLB came from poverty, so to many of them when they become rich and famous their egos become in to something bigger.

...The joke is that Dominican Republic was eliminated by Netherlands! hohoho LOL that is sad... very sad... they became the joke of the WBC...
__________________
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE
AsmelEduardo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Parents to Sue Maker of Metal Baseball Bats Over Son's Injury sculker The Club House 13 05-21-2008 03:17 AM