Banning the pocketknife? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Banning the pocketknife?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'm a complete knife knut, an entire room in my house is devoted to my knife collection. Knives are a big part of how I make a living as well, since I sell lots of custom knives as well as some production ones at my store.

Most of the general public seems to think that the average knife user is a punk who'll only carry one as a weapon to attack hard working folks. I deal with that missconception everyday, and I try to do my best to prove them wrong.

Anyway, I know I'm preaching to the choir like Mark F said, so there's no sense in me ranting on and on about how useful knives and multitools are.

Check out Knife Rights - Home it's a sort of NRA for knives, it was started by Doug Ritter (you might now him for his colaborations with Benchmade or from his website EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE - Outdoors Gear, Survival Equipment Review & Survival Information).

Old 03-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I never leave home without my swiss army knife.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Gerber folder, front left pocket. All day, every day.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #14

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I have carried a knife all my life. When I moved to FL I found out that there are rules about knives, size, style yada yada. This was pointed out by a fellow (puss) worker when I drug out my Kershaw and employed the assisted open to clean my nails.

Later I checked into the law and found out that I probably was not in compliance.

More research showed that the FL CCW license covers knives. That's why it's called a Concealed Carry Weapons license.

I do not trust a government that does not trust me to carry a gun or knife without violating my privacy, yet doesn't hesitate to send me a bill each April 15th to pay for that distrust!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default You got to be kidding?

Cane, are you saying you need a CCW to carry a pocket knife in FLA now? Sure glad that wasn't the case in the 70's when I roamed the swamps of SW FLA. Hell in 68, at the ripe age of 14, I rode down the street, on the way to the dump, with a Marlin 39A across the handlebars of my bicycle,with my trusty dog in tow HA!!

NRA Life MEMBER 1976