Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bank posts sign& I close my account

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 01:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Bank posts sign& I close my account

So I walk into one of the banks I used to frequent today, one of the management people tells me about their new No Weapons Allowed sign& invites me to go back out to my van and "get rid of my gun". My response:
"Close my f%$&ing account!" I also let them know that the town's newspaper (the Sonoran News) was gonna be my next stop.
The newspaper people were as amazed as I was, they took my pic and said they'll write an article about the Parkway Bank in an upcoming edition!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The 21st century is startin to get on my nerves ,, where did all these over-educated un-informed people come from ? Being a gun owner is kinda like bein a farmer nowadays ,, some people think that Freedom is like food , it just shows up ! was always here before ! will always be here !

{sigh} makes me tired sometimes.

"What we have here , is ,, Failure to communicate,,,"

Old 04-24-2008, 01:27 AM   #3

Good for you!

Let people know-make the best statement you possibly can

Old 04-24-2008, 03:33 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well, for some reason this bank started asking me for a "favor" about 6 months ago. The favor was always the same, they wanted me to stop carrying my gun in the bank. First time "well the gun scares our customers" I told them I don't see any other customers in here today.
Second time, "well, your gun scares our tellers" I said "Tell them if the gun is in the holster, no reason to be scared." Third time was about 5 months ago, I finally said "look, if I can't carry my gun to protect myself in your bank, I'm gonna have to close my account."
Seems like they called my bluff today!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:02 AM   #5
GDS

I don't know where your at, but that could be a problem if its the only bank in town. I'm guessing you are in an open carry state?
Where I'm at in the state of Misery (MO) I always tote along some kind of lead thrower that can't be seen. All the banks and most of the public establishments I frequent have there " no weapons allowed" signs properly in place and I do what I usually do. Disreguard stupid and make sure I can take care of what needs taking care of should the situation arise.
Did you close the account? Or were you actually bluffing?

Old 04-24-2008, 04:31 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm in Arizona, it's an open carry state and I carry openly & have a concealed backup pretty much 24/7. There are many other banks around me, even though I'm in a fairly small town, there are a lot of wealthy people out here (Cave Creek).
I definately Closed My Account, and I will be happy to close it again at any other bank that gives me a hard time about carrying my weapon. Way I see it is if an establishment won't respect the Second Amendment they are endangering every person inside their building. Now I can't do open carry in the Post Office, but I guess there is a limit to freedom. Come right down to it, I guess I can always hit the Mail Boxes Etc. place & get a P.O. Box there if the Post Office pisses me off too much!

Old 04-24-2008, 05:03 AM   #7
GDS

Do public establishments,( banks, post offices , wal-mart, convienience stores, etc..) have any law backing them in your area prohibiting an American from their God given right to self protection?

"if the Post Office pisses me off too much!" Just curious as to why you have to be pissed off to make it clear to stupid people ?

If its truly what you believe there should be no anger involved. It is what it is: your an American and you have the right to carry a weapon.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS View Post
Do public establishments,( banks, post offices , wal-mart, convienience stores, etc..) have any law backing them in your area prohibiting an American from their God given right to self protection?
A business owner or private property owner may mandate certain things that the government may not, including "no weapons allowed" or limiting speech. We, as free citizens, may choose whether or not to go along with their policies and do business with them or visit them on their property. Think of it this way: the government must allow KKK rallies, but that doesn't mean I must let them hold a rally on my private land.

In the case of the bank, if enough people closed their accounts because of the no-weapons policy, maybe the policy would change.

Also, I wonder how many prospective bank robbers will read the sign and abort their plans. Not too many, I bet.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #9

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I do my best to not support any establishment or product that will not support my Second Amendment Rights. The unfortunate thing is there is a lot of non-supporters out there and hard to not buy something from one of them.

When I found out AT&T gave money to the anti-gun groups I stopped using them as a long distance carrier and went with one who supports gun rights and also donates a portion of their profits to pro-gun groups. I ended up paying less in long distance rates with this new company.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS
Here in VA you can not carry is an establishment that has signs marking them as a "GUN FREE ZONE" I mean the no firearms allowed signs. It is a felony in the state for doing so.