Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bank of America

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 778 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Default Bank of America

I just received this in an e-mail has anyone else heard this?

McMillan Mfg in Phoenix , Arizona , which produces rifles for our Military Snipers, was contacted by Bank of America and informed that they will no longer be allowed to use their services because they are in the firearms business and support the second amendment.

I am fine with you re-posting it. Thanks for your support.
Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
1638 W Knudsen Dr
Phoenix , Arizona 85027
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision

http://www.mcmillanusa.com/
http://www.facebook.com/McMillanGroupInternational

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking (Bank of America) came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an "account analysis" meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them.

He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories. At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business."

"That is correct", he said.

I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms-industry friendly?"

"You have to do what you must", he said.

"So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?"

Mr. Fox confirmed that it was, at which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is important for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment "right to keep and bear arms" should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don't agree with a business' political position, I cannot, in good Conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products,

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635
1638 W Knudsen Dr
Phoenix , Arizona 85027
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision
http://www.mcmillanusa.com/

"We the People, are the Rightful Masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #2

Liked 386 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 1371

Yep,

we're all boycotting them

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #3

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

BofA took TARP money, so sure there's some political pressure. I wouldn't use BofA for anything, ever. Not just because I work for a competitor, of course. Who DID NOT take TARP funds, btw, because my employer is sound and didn't need the bailout.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 778 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 367

I haven't used them in over 20 years but I hope this puts them under

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Think im gunna look for a new credit card tomorrow!!!! That's a low blow... Heard td bank is big funding for guns in multiple countries.. I already go there for my banking too!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8416 Times on 3648 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Pas- you don't get out much. We discussed this when it happened- in APRIL 2012. And a second similar event with Spirit Arms, of which the president has confirmed to me by email.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Closed Thread