Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Badger, or is it a wolverine? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/badger-wolverine-31660/)

Glasshartt 09-12-2010 09:01 PM

Badger, or is it a wolverine?
 
3 Attachment(s)
Ok, is it a regional name thing, or are there genetic differences? I came across this one at the Pilot Truck Stop Friday night. Look at the claws!

canebrake 09-12-2010 09:10 PM


"We don't need no stinkin' badgers!"

winds-of-change 09-12-2010 09:14 PM

Yes, definitely a badger. They are pretty tough critters. Don't try to pet it. :D

spittinfire 09-12-2010 09:17 PM

You need a weinie dog to help hunt that thing. I've always wanted to see one or two dashounds go after one.

Glasshartt 09-12-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 349452)
You need a weinie dog to help hunt that thing. I've always wanted to see one or two dashounds go after one.

With those claws, I would be afraid that it would tear the pups apart.

canebrake 09-12-2010 09:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Glass,

Attachment 19057

^ Badger

Attachment 19058

^ Wolverine

Glad to help.

cane

Glasshartt 09-12-2010 09:21 PM

OK, consider me edumacated.

winds-of-change 09-12-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glasshartt (Post 349453)
With those claws, I would be afraid that it would tear the pups apart.

Yep, badger would definitely win. They can take on critters much larger than they are. They are pretty darn tough.

winds-of-change 09-12-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glasshartt (Post 349442)
Ok, is it a regional name thing, or are there genetic differences? I came across this one at the Pilot Truck Stop Friday night. Look at the claws!



Woverines are a whole different animal. Both very good fighters.

spittinfire 09-12-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glasshartt (Post 349453)
With those claws, I would be afraid that it would tear the pups apart.

That's what I've always wondered about but my mom has 10 of them(she breeds, shes not the crazy dog lady.....yet.) and I've see them work together. As one retreats another is moving in from a completely different angle. A cat didn't stand a chance against 3 of them(we saved the cat).


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.