bad news - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > bad news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

So sorry for your loss JJ!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I am sorry for your loss. I hope they get her thyroid straightened out; I've worked with two different women who had issues with their thyroid that affected them physically and emotionally. Both had their issues resolved with supplements and medication.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I am sorry for your loss. I hope they get her thyroid straightened out; I've worked with two different women who had issues with their thyroid that affected them physically and emotionally. Both had their issues resolved with supplements and medication.
My Mom had half her thyroid removed because it was beginning to crook her esophagus and she is doing pretty good now on Synthroid

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5955 Times on 3372 Posts
Likes Given: 5532

My prayers are with you both.

But please don't give up. Often the Oasis is just over the next dune.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2606 Times on 1273 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

JJ,

Very sorry to hear about the miscarriage and you are absolutely correct! It is not worth risking her health or even worse. It is nothing to mess around with. And the bottom line there are a lot of children of all ages that needs someone to love them and be a good parent. To teach, nurture, shoot, fish and hunt with and all. Some little one out there would love to have good God sent parents! Just an idea. If they are young enough they never need to know!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 AM   #26

Liked 780 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Remember, there are many children out there who are in need of loving homes, and I can honestly say that I have become a better person since adopting my step-daughter.
You have given a child in need a home, and just knowing that about you and your wife is enough for me to say that you have my respect. You are both wonderful caring people.
Thank you... As you said, he makes us better people and every day is a true gift raising our Cossack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
....the bottom line there are a lot of children of all ages that needs someone to love them and be a good parent. To teach, nurture, shoot, fish and hunt with and all. Some little one out there would love to have good God sent parents! Just an idea. If they are young enough they never need to know!
...While I understand your sentiments, this isn't the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny or Santa we're talking about. Even young, the truth is always a better option... and I tell him he was definately "choosen" by and for us... and we couldn't love him any more .. adopted or not. Besides, there might also be genetic and/or medical history issues they inquire about as they get older..
That was in NO WAY meant to be a slight on the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Clause... or Hannuka Harry or Bigfoot. MAD respect for all those legends!!

Last edited by NC1760; 05-10-2013 at 01:57 AM.
People Like This 
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #27
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1609 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 8520

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
...While I understand your sentiments, this isn't the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny or Santa we're talking about. Even young, the truth is always a better option... and I tell him he was definately "choosen" by and for us... and we couldn't love him any more .. adopted or not. Besides, there might also be genetic and/or medical history issues they inquire about as they get older..
That was in NO WAY meant to be a slight on the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Clause... or Hannuka Harry or Bigfoot. MAD respect for all those legends!!
That is part of what we are dealing with in our family. Both of my daughter's parents were adopted. In the case of her mother, we have her mother. Father is a different story all together. No information on him at all, so we have no idea what health problems run on my wife's father's side of the family. Mother's side, there is a history of cancer, renal failure, heart disease and diabetes. We know this partially due to the fact that her adoptive parents were also her aunt and uncle. Father's side, not a clue.

Daughter's father;s side, no information on either parent. He was adopted out of foster care, and he has never even tried to contact his birth family. As her step-father, i am not entitled to any information regarding his families medical history, and even if i was we don't even have names to search for. Excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall and pull my hair out...........

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 05-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #28
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

JJ, I've been there, done that more than once. I hope the best for your wife and you will both be in my prayers.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)