Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > bad news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1415 Times on 816 Posts
Likes Given: 989

I am sorry to hear of yor loss JJ. My wife and I lost a baby a couple years into our marriage.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #12
No Longer a NY Resident.

Liked 1032 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
well, i announced for the second time that the wifey was prego..
again i regret to inform you all that she had another miscarraige., apprently her thyroid is not working right and is constantly pumping out anti-bodies. we think this is the main cause... at least we found out about the thyroid issue...

and monday i have an apt with the doc.... snip snip... another baby is not worth her health
JJ. You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers, as is your lost child. When my first wife and I were married, we both wanted children. After 6 years together, we had not conceived, and for several reasons we went our separate ways. Since then, she has had 3 sons with her current husband. The point, I can somewhat understand what your wife is going through. Not completely by any means, but I have a rough idea.

Be there for her, and let her be there for you. You both need each other's support through this, and above all else, remember that everything happens for a reason. NC1760's post is a very good example of this. Remember, there are many children out there who are in need of loving homes, and I can honestly say that I have become a better person since adopting my step-daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
My thoughts are with you and your's buddy. My lovely wife and I tried for years to become a family... and went through more than I wish to go into detail about to make it come true. Then 11 years ago in an orphanage office in the Ukraine... a beautiful 5 month old boy was put into my arms.... and everything we went through made sense to us.

In other words, have faith and love each other and you'll be surprised how things work out..... Good luck.
You have given a child in need a home, and just knowing that about you and your wife is enough for me to say that you have my respect. You are both wonderful caring people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
It saddens me a great deal to hear of your loss. My wife has miscarried three times due to a similar issue. Sure it's good I guess to learn of a problem and be able to try and help it but it comes at a terrible cost. I know it bothers you a great deal but I can't help but think about how much worse it is for the woman that this happens to. Some things are just way beyond our male comprehension. All we can do is be there and try to find our way back to normal..Whatever that is...

I'll pray for you and your family.
QFT. "'Nuff said.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 05-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 1719 Times on 970 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Quote:
well, i announced for the second time that the wifey was prego..
again i regret to inform you all that she had another miscarraige., apprently her thyroid is not working right and is constantly pumping out anti-bodies. we think this is the main cause... at least we found out about the thyroid issue...

and monday i have an apt with the doc.... snip snip... another baby is not worth her health
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I am also sorry to hear about your pending surgery. Before you make a final decision on that you need to do a lot more research on the later effects of a vasectomy. The one that pops into my mind was a tie to hypertension. Also, talk to your Dr. Do not believe everything you read on the internet, but use reputable sites to help you ask the MD informed questions.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #14

Liked 2326 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Sorry for your loss jj.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
Big TOW

Liked 4549 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 4682

So sorry JJ, thats truly sad, I will pray for you and your wife, to find the way to move through this. The mysteries of life dont always make sense especially when they involve tragedy like this, when one door closes, more often than not, 2 more open.

I never had children of my own but my stepdaughters are like my children and even better in some ways. The fact that you dont have a new baby of your own may lead you both to being important to lots of others children and that can be very rewarding as well. Creating a Baby is special but not generally unique, helping a child will always be both as well as rewarding beyond your wildest dreams.

God bless you and your wife, this too will pass especially if you fill the void with other voices.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #16
Be Here Now

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm saddened to hear of your loss. Perhaps someday you can give a loving home to a child that needs it.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
Administrator

Liked 687 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #18

Liked 972 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 535

thanks everyone. i think we will be fine... i'm positive she took it harder than i did. glad this happenend after already having 2 kids. probly would be a lot harder if we were trying for a first.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #19

Liked 259 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 1194

Sorry to hear this jj!!

Old 05-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #20

Liked 6106 Times on 3698 Posts
Likes Given: 6910

Quote:
thanks everyone. i think we will be fine... i'm positive she took it harder than i did. glad this happenend after already having 2 kids. probly would be a lot harder if we were trying for a first.
I agree here. Let me first say I am so sorry for your loss. It is difficult to lose a child at any stage of his/her development.

As for how women take it, I have never suffered a miscarriage but I know from the very beginning........from the very moment I knew I was pregnant, I had hopes and plans for that baby. I loved him/her almost from the moment of conception. We Mothers watch what we eat and what we do while pregnant as we are already taking care of "our baby" in utero. To lose a baby before it's birth is tragic to us Moms. Our hopes and dreams are dashed. We lost a child we loved that we have never even met yet. The maternal bond is something I just can't describe in words. It is incredibly strong and an adrenaline/endorphin rush I just can't describe.

JJ, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. Hug her, hold her. Reassure her things will be okay. Try to redirect her two her two children that still need her Mothering. In time, she will get past this but it will always be a scar on her heart that will ache from time to time.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 05-09-2013 at 03:34 PM.
People Like This