Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bad customer service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Default Bad customer service

For you who have the problem of looking far less then your age this is for you, i am sick of walking into gun smiths shops and gun stores to be treated
like im 15 and have never seen a gun before, after so many years in the army i can take a lot of crap but being down right rude gets under my skin. I guess you have it coming when you open the door to a gun smith shop and the newest fire arm in their was made in 1957 and there are 6 guys siting in a circle missing various body parts wearing Nam vest. O ya and if you have a M1A, dont lay it on the counter and tell someone not to drool on it, you can look but you cant touch, they are not that cool and to be honest, when you lug one around for a few days with no sling, they can become very annoying. i guess my point being for you who are in the retail of fire arms, theres no need to be a prick to someone with a simple question because they look young.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Old 03-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #3

Seams that is a common thing no matter how old you look Deathkricket, or what line of work the used car salesman behind the counter thinks you may be in. One thing we teach our peeps who work the counters, greet the customer then shut up and listen. The majority of the time, the customer knows more than you do. If they think your a moron, there is no need to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

"If life were fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead" Johnny Carson

Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default ????????????????????????????????????????????????

When I was young and working in the fields { garden } with my late father he said these words to me. Boy you gonna eat a lot of sh$t in your life time so you just as soon get use to it right now. Never touch any thing in a Gun Smith shop unless you ask first. Your Grimey Dirty Salty Hands may have ruined a weeks worth of polishing for a Blueing Job. I know because I did the same thing and got my a$$ reamed.

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
When I was young and working in the fields { garden } with my late father he said these words to me. Boy you gonna eat a lot of sh$t in your life time so you just as soon get use to it right now. Never touch any thing in a Gun Smith shop unless you ask first. Your Grimey Dirty Salty Hands may have ruined a weeks worth of polishing for a Blueing Job. I know because I did the same thing and got my a$$ reamed.
Dont worry i didnt touch it or for that matter even have a intrest in touching it, there not magical to me. No it was the point he got it out his gun case and brought it over to the counter for me to look at but not touch to show me a "real gun", and no i didnt ask to see it, Like i said im use to taking crap, it happens but there use to be this little saying uhh what was it, the custom is always right, theres no point in arguing with a custom because you dont like what they wana do, just stfu and make some money, not hard, thats just my 2 cents, idk maybe im weird like that.

Last edited by deathkricket; 03-05-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Don't sweat it too bad Deathcricket, I've experienced the same problem you have had with respect or lack of based on looking young for my age until recently. I've had clerks tell me "No you don't want that part, what you want is..." I've always done my homework before going to make a purchase, so If I didn't ask for your advice, you can keep it. I've found in that situation a "so you don't want to sell me the..." or even better just look them in the eye for a moment and then turn and walk out...you usually will get stopped (with a much better attitude) before your money gets to the door.

For the most part just shrug it off, but keep score and take your business elsewhere whenever possible.
When you MUST buy something from that shop I'd be sure to mention all the high dollar stuff you bought elsewhere, especially if the owner is around.

Thanks for your service BTW and if you have any simple questions, feel free to ask 'em here, we won't give you too much attitude

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Don't sweat the small stuff. There's jerks behind every display counter in the world.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

DK,

Rack it to experience and develop a method of dealing with it. I'll trade you faces and you can look older than you are or even as old as I. Cherish the youthful look as you will be underestimated lookin like a yute. You have the advantage from the get go.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I sometimes wonder if gunshop counter employees are regularly bombarded with idiots and have just been programmed to expect everyone to be one.

I know of one gun shop that I actually like and it's a pawn shop.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 03-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #10

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Not to defend the fairer sex but have you ever heard a counter goon's sales pitch to a woman?

Methinks thou dost protest too loudly.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello