Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Bad customer service (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/bad-customer-service-39350/)

deathkricket 03-05-2011 11:20 PM

Bad customer service

For you who have the problem of looking far less then your age this is for you, i am sick of walking into gun smiths shops and gun stores to be treated
like im 15 and have never seen a gun before, after so many years in the army i can take a lot of crap but being down right rude gets under my skin. I guess you have it coming when you open the door to a gun smith shop and the newest fire arm in their was made in 1957 and there are 6 guys siting in a circle missing various body parts wearing Nam vest. O ya and if you have a M1A, dont lay it on the counter and tell someone not to drool on it, you can look but you cant touch, they are not that cool and to be honest, when you lug one around for a few days with no sling, they can become very annoying. i guess my point being for you who are in the retail of fire arms, theres no need to be a prick to someone with a simple question because they look young.

Shihan 03-05-2011 11:28 PM

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...f?t=1241799362

TNEFF 03-05-2011 11:45 PM

Seams that is a common thing no matter how old you look Deathkricket, or what line of work the used car salesman behind the counter thinks you may be in. One thing we teach our peeps who work the counters, greet the customer then shut up and listen. The majority of the time, the customer knows more than you do. If they think your a moron, there is no need to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

willshoum 03-05-2011 11:47 PM

????????????????????????????????????????????????

When I was young and working in the fields { garden } with my late father he said these words to me. Boy you gonna eat a lot of sh$t in your life time so you just as soon get use to it right now. Never touch any thing in a Gun Smith shop unless you ask first. Your Grimey Dirty Salty Hands may have ruined a weeks worth of polishing for a Blueing Job. I know because I did the same thing and got my a$$ reamed.:eek::)

deathkricket 03-05-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willshoum (Post 458261)
When I was young and working in the fields { garden } with my late father he said these words to me. Boy you gonna eat a lot of sh$t in your life time so you just as soon get use to it right now. Never touch any thing in a Gun Smith shop unless you ask first. Your Grimey Dirty Salty Hands may have ruined a weeks worth of polishing for a Blueing Job. I know because I did the same thing and got my a$$ reamed.:eek::)

Dont worry i didnt touch it or for that matter even have a intrest in touching it, there not magical to me. No it was the point he got it out his gun case and brought it over to the counter for me to look at but not touch to show me a "real gun", and no i didnt ask to see it, Like i said im use to taking crap, it happens but there use to be this little saying uhh what was it, the custom is always right, theres no point in arguing with a custom because you dont like what they wana do, just stfu and make some money, not hard, thats just my 2 cents, idk maybe im weird like that.

Gatekeeper 03-06-2011 12:38 AM

Don't sweat it too bad Deathcricket, I've experienced the same problem you have had with respect or lack of based on looking young for my age until recently. I've had clerks tell me "No you don't want that part, what you want is..." I've always done my homework before going to make a purchase, so If I didn't ask for your advice, you can keep it. I've found in that situation a "so you don't want to sell me the..." or even better just look them in the eye for a moment and then turn and walk out...you usually will get stopped (with a much better attitude) before your money gets to the door.

For the most part just shrug it off, but keep score and take your business elsewhere whenever possible.
When you MUST buy something from that shop I'd be sure to mention all the high dollar stuff you bought elsewhere, especially if the owner is around.;)

Thanks for your service BTW and if you have any simple questions, feel free to ask 'em here, we won't give you too much attitude:p

CA357 03-06-2011 12:52 AM

Don't sweat the small stuff. There's jerks behind every display counter in the world. ;)

skullcrusher 03-06-2011 12:54 AM

DK,

Rack it to experience and develop a method of dealing with it. I'll trade you faces and you can look older than you are or even as old as I. Cherish the youthful look as you will be underestimated lookin like a yute. You have the advantage from the get go. :)

jca1 03-06-2011 01:47 AM

I sometimes wonder if gunshop counter employees are regularly bombarded with idiots and have just been programmed to expect everyone to be one.

I know of one gun shop that I actually like and it's a pawn shop.

canebrake 03-06-2011 02:23 AM

Not to defend the fairer sex but have you ever heard a counter goon's sales pitch to a woman?

Methinks thou dost protest too loudly. :D