Bad attitude at local gun shops? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Bad attitude at local gun shops?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

@ General Lee - I do feel for you when I think of the number of d-bags that must come through your store, I really do. The mall ninja's looking for Glocks to bust a cap in some mofo, Rambo's that want a 50 cal. for 500 bucks, that all can't be fun.

But hey, we all deal with people at work who are dumber then us. Buck up! Think of the people you are bringing into the sport or the happyness or down right safty your giving a person.

Or drink before work, that helps too...
Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #32
Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tallguy130 View Post

Or drink before work, that helps too...
Lol I swear to drunk i'm not God!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't know how many gun shops have an owner like this one. He won't hire anybody full time, there's only two people working here, myself and my co worker, and the only day we're both here is on thursdays. So you can imagine being the only employee in the store with 5 or 6 customers getting p*ssed off waiting for me to finish running the NICS check on another customer. I get alot of walk-outs because of that.

Sorry, I just needed to rant a little bit
Old 11-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #33
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
Being a gun shop employee myself, I can tell you that at times the job is very frustrating and can put one in a bad mood really quick.
Working in a gun store, you have all types of customers, some think they know everything about guns, some try to hustle you to bring the price down, some like to bitch about your stores prices being higher than the store down the street, and some idiots even ask the question "are those real guns?"
I'm not necessarily saying that the guys at the gun shop you mentioned aren't d*cks, but they might just be having a bad day.
I think you expressed well the customer service the OP hinted at. Considering the money spent on a firearm purchase the person behind the counter should treat customers with respect. I often try to haggle on the price, I know a lot about firearms and don't like to be treated like what I know is a bad thing and have mentioned that another shop has a better price on a similar firearm. . If that isn't the kind of customer your shop wants then the customers will find another shop. I expect most expereinced gun buyers are much like me, few will walk in and ask for what you want to sell them at the price your asking and not ask any questions. For that we could buy at a chain store or buy online.
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #34

Well, as for cash revenue, the post-Obama panic is really cooling off for many things.

Based on much lower prices (at least on the 'Net) and availability for Russian and US-made .223 and x39 etc, it is. The gun show yesterday had so many complete ARs and uppers/lowers plus some SKS and "AK"s that I would have needed a calculator to keep track of the vast quantities.

Maybe most of these were ordered by stores and Billy Bobs during the winter panic and now, with back-orders being filled and realization that the govt can't pass any anti-gun or anti-ammo legislation (plus the White House anxiety about losing Senate or House majority after elections...), they need to be dumped in order to pay the bills?

Last edited by Laufer; 11-16-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #35

I think the best deals on guns will be coming in the next several months. A huge number of weapons were purchased starting in mid-2008 in anticipation of Obama's election. This buying frenzy has continued until just recently. I think the recession and hard financial times for many has contributed to this buying frenzy slowing down, and will have an even greater impact in the near term future.

My prediction is that we will soon start seeing some really nice weapons for sale in Pawn Shops as people realize they don't really need that AR/AK/High Capacity Pistol and need cash instead.

If this happens then there wil be even less new gun purchasing at "regular" gun stores.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #36
Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

TX, I think you may be right. Save up some cash boys, you might find a real bargan in the near future. I'm hoping anyway....
If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer
Old 11-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #37
Liked 2650 Times on 1460 Posts
Likes Given: 4215

Lawton is the third largest city in the state of OK. We don't have even one gun shop. Oh, we have lots of pawn shops that sell guns to GIs from Ft. Sill at rip-off prices. We used to have two Gibson's stores in town that carried a fine selection of reloading equipment, muzzleloader supplies and gun accessories. They would gladly order a gun for the customer at a good price.

Those stores were driven out of business when China Outlets came to town.