Bacon...... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bacon......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 02-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8259 Times on 4771 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
Oi vei! (10 characters)

Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8259 Times on 4771 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'll take you up on that. Carl's Junior one day. JITB tacos all the other days. I'm telling you, I have a craving now.

As long as you eat with me and not say "I'll just watch you eat." The guy who said that to me proved to not be as cool as I thought he'd be. And not just for that reason. But I must remember him fondly for introducing me to guns. He created a monster, for sure.

And do taste the bacon shake and give us a review.
We have a couple of local burger joints that have some great food. Jack in the Box sits right between them! Seriously, if you are ever in the area get in touch.

I'll give the bacon shake a try if I remember.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #34
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8106

I'll be going to Redding CA in about a week. I will be two blocks from a JITB at that time. I'll try one and give my opinion then.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #35
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
I'll be going to Redding CA in about a week. I will be two blocks from a JITB at that time. I'll try one and give my opinion then.
You must have a taco (or two), also.

And pictures are mandatory. Double Tap has set a high standard.

By the way, Double Tap, you look cute with your shake in one hand and the taco in the other.
Very cute little smile.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #36
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
You must have a taco (or two), also.

And pictures are mandatory. Double Tap has set a high standard.

By the way, Double Tap, you look cute with your shake in one hand and the taco in the other.
Very cute little smile.
I'll remember to pack my camera, and yes, the tacos are a given. I'll see if L can get my friend to try one as well, he owes me one given the fact that I'm flying out to help him and his family move back here. He needs someone to drive back his RV and the cargo trailer. And yes winds, I will remember to check my blood sugar and adjust my insulin acordingly.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #37
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I'll remember to pack my camera, and yes, the tacos are a given. I'll see if L can get my friend to try one as well, he owes me one given the fact that I'm flying out to help him and his family move back here. He needs someone to drive back his RV and the cargo trailer. And yes winds, I will remember to check my blood sugar and adjust my insulin acordingly.
Ummm........maybe you aren't the one who should be testing this Bacon Shake, then. I don't want to do any harm to you.

If you pass through Illinois, will you drop a couple of JITB tacos off at my house?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #38
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Ummm........maybe you aren't the one who should be testing this Bacon Shake, then. I don't want to do any harm to you.

If you pass through Illinois, will you drop a couple of JITB tacos off at my house?
I promise to get the smallest one posible, and make Steve have most of it. I'll only have enough to try it. I know my limits, ( Last A1C was 5.2, average blood sugar 48) and stick to them. I don't stray from my VERY strict diet often, and I don't go overboard when I do. If the tacos survive long enough then yes, I will gladly meet up and drop them off to you. We will be coming back on I-80 3\7 or 3\8.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #39
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I promise to get the smallest one posible, and make Steve have most of it. I'll only have enough to try it. I know my limits, ( Last A1C was 5.2, average blood sugar 48) and stick to them. I don't stray from my VERY strict diet often, and I don't go overboard when I do. If the tacos survive long enough then yes, I will gladly meet up and drop them off to you. We will be coming back on I-80 3\7 or 3\8.
Dang, man. That's an awfully low average blood glucose!! Very good A1c, though.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #40
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Dang, man. That's an awfully low average blood glucose!! Very good A1c, though.
Don't I know it! It still baffels my doctor, and I've been his patient for 6 years now. He can't understand how someone he classifies as a brittle type one can have such good control. I guess now I get used as an example, with his other patients, of what kind of control can be accomplished. He also refers to me as his only insulin dependant hypoglycemic.

Here's the real shocker. When I got an infection that cost me half of my left foot 6 years ago, my A1C was 9.6, but mt average blood sugar was only 78. We are still trying to figure that out. Now the endocrinologist is banging his head against the wall as well. I'm hoping, when he comes to again, that I can finally get my d@mn pump! He said maybe in the next 6 months, I have been waiting for the last year for him and my insurance to agree that I need one. My control is too good for the insurance company to say yes, but he and my doc say I need one. I just try not to let it drive me crazier than i already am.