Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Bacon...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8605 Times on 3731 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

My granddad was a subsistence farmer and blacksmith. He ate home smoked meats, home made sausage, biscuits made with lard and buttermilk they made, and eggs raised on the farm. Chicken fried in lard. Cornbread, made with eggs and buttermilk.

It caught up to him. 5 of my cousins and I were his pallbearers. He was only 98. He farmed until 6 months before he died.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 04-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #32

Liked 971 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Sounds like my grandfather, C3. He worked hard all his life outdoors, ate anything he wanted, smoked, chewed tobacco and always had a gallon of white lightning in the house. Back in the '80s I went back to NC for his 98th birthday and he was still in good shape. Mentally there, too, he could rattle off baseball players batting averages and talk to anyone. Six months later he died and I was so glad I made the time to visit him. I hope I got some lots of his genes!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #33
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
My granddad was a subsistence farmer and blacksmith. He ate home smoked meats, home made sausage, biscuits made with lard and buttermilk they made, and eggs raised on the farm. Chicken fried in lard. Cornbread, made with eggs and buttermilk.

It caught up to him. 5 of my cousins and I were his pallbearers. He was only 98. He farmed until 6 months before he died.

Making his own food means they weren't packed with chemical preservatives. They may make our food seem fresh longer but in my opinion they don't help us last any longer.

Real dogs drool!

Real dogs drool!

TLuker Likes This