Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Back pain issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #61
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7824 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Hey Mobile, you would do yourself a world of good if you were to start right freaking now working out and getting into shape. The better shape you are in going into surgery the easier and faster recovery will be afterwards. It really does make a difference. Swimming is a great low-impact workout that pretty much anyone can start (even a fat redneck like you!) and it is probably the easiest workout to get back into after surgery (depending on what your doctor recommends of course!).

My (now) 82-year-old mother used swimming both before and after her back surgery which took place in July 2010. She is still doing well and would have been in a wheelchair had she not done the surgery.

Start working out! (though if you choose Yoga please take the time to video it for posterity and post it on Youtube)

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

I just talked to one of dads customers who had a single fusion with the same doc I am using , he said it went fine and is still fine but he got a staph infection in recovery and boy , his back looks ****** UP !
He was trying to tell me how easy it was for him to get on disability and I would have problem with a double getting on it .
I cant do that , for 1 I dont want or need the gov to hold my hand and the less they know me or help me the better . 2 he said he just sits around all day , I cant do that , Not that I need to work but I want to work and the whole point of getting it done is so I can get back to work like normal but he said he lost some mobility with just the one .

We did have a in ground pool growing up and i think that was the best shape I had ever been in . I imagine you have to let the wounds heal before getting into any kind of pool .

The whole thing just bothers me , I mean really really stays on my mind , I hear so much conflicting results but One thing for sure , everyone says I got the right dr .
With my luck , The Dr would have a stroke during surgery , one of the screws would slip out then they would staple me up with some tool left inside then I would get some rare form of flesh eating bacteria .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #63
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7824 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

They actually have all of that stuff worked out really well. I have never heard of screws loosening up. They use the red Loctite on them and stake them in place.

Mom had an anterior and posterior double fusion. That's some serious sh!t. I think it was a week or 10 days before she could get in the pool again, but she is what.50 years older than you? I imagine it could be sooner for a kid like you.

The thing is to get freaking swimming and get in the best physical shape that you can possibly manage before surgery. That includes losing as much weight as you can if you are fat. For some people they spend more time cutting through the fat than they do on the actual surgery itself. That will speed your recovery more than anything else.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

Yea I got some fat but I also have a very heavy frame , I have cracked some bones but never broken on all the way . I am hitting up the premier surgeon for a second opinion next week .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.