Back pain issues - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Back pain issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
OK guys , as some of you know I was told by the doc the other day that I needed a double fusion in my lower back , last 2 disc I think , We have exhausted all other treatments and this is the only FIX .
I dont get nervous about much at all but this really bothers me , I am the only one running my company and many of you know I also have 3 yo twins .
I am nervous about time out of work and the possibility of it not making the pain go away . I am only 30 and I dont know of too many people my age getting this done .
Do me a favor if you got the time and watch these videos from the company that makes the parts to do the fusion or if you have had it done or know someone who has .
http://www.depuy.com/patients-and-caregivers/jlog-tlif
My sister in law had one a few years back.. Slow recovery . She's 37. I myself had a back surgery in 2007, it helped a ton, but starting to catch up with me again. I'm 33. And recovery was slow. But you gotta do what you gotta do and hope it helps and stay in high spirits. Stretch, stretch , stretch !
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4449 Times on 2467 Posts
Likes Given: 22406

Default To Mobile Marine..!

I will not tell you details but my x-rays would have made Arnold Schwarzenegger and the terminator Blush..! I am living proof of a very bad possible prognosis , down right bone chilling..!

I am skiing and playing again and that is all you need to know , a success story! Do what you must and get back to life as soon as you can.! No fear and what faith you have plus faith in your doctors , do what you must.

A living lucky man....!

Makes me hurt just coming here..! Best of luck.....!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:42 AM   #53

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I just had a three disk fusion on 2/16 and am up and walking around a week later.I will tell you it hurt like hell, the first 24hrs after the surgery were the worst, i wouldn't wish that pain on any one. But like i said, it's been 9 days since the surgery and im getting around pretty good,still got a long way to go but getting stronger every day.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #54

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

I figure If I get it done within the next month or so it will be putting me dead nuts in my busy season which I have a solid prediction will be one of the busiest in the past 10 yrs .
I want to think I can manage the outboards right after the surgery , if I can walk I can work on them but the inboards and inboard outboards will be out fo the question , I dont trust anyone else to do the job right , thats why I work alone .
Dad has said he can get one of his guys to come up and let me walk them through what needs to be done .
Just looking at the rig they want to put in hurts me , wish I had not seen it .

44 , where did they or how did they get the material to do the bone graft ? Did they use the pelvic bone marrow or take bone from the pelvis ?

I do have 2 other options but they are treatments , 1 is the spinal cord stimulater , like a pacemaker they install and the other is just pain management

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #55
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Often they use cadaver bones. That's what they did to me.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #56

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

So how long did you guys stay down ? I can deal with a week but any longer than that I would go crazy

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #57
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 88

About 3 days until they made me start walking a few steps at a time with a walker. After about 3-4 days that way, walker not used. After about 10-12 days light activity around the house. Increasingly better until back on the job in the cockpit and slinging luggage after 90 days.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4449 Times on 2467 Posts
Likes Given: 22406

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
Often they use cadaver bones. That's what they did to me.
EeeeeccK..!

Me To....!! Eeeecck.!

Bout them bonz Thank you some body some where,,!!

Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango

EeeeeccK..!

Me To....!! Eeeecck.!

Bout them bonz Thank you some body some where,,!!
It's the same thing as organ or blood donations.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #60

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

No vertebrae bone replacement, just the disks between them. Surgery was at7:00am sat and after 24 hrs on my back,i was up and walking around sunday afternoon, and came home monday afternoon ,come friday i was walking fine.
forumrunner_20130226_104243.jpg