Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Back pain issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Watch them, and be sure to get a second opinion. When I had a 2 week long pain on the lower right side it was front and back. They told me that it was probably gall bladder and that they would remove it and see if that made the pain go away. I told them thanks, but no thanks if they couldn't give me a definite diagnosis. After another week of utter agony the pain went away and now, two years later, I'm doing fine... gall bladder and all!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #42
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7659 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
here we are again . I went to the doc yesterday for another follow up and so far he is out of options since his practice is non surgical . He told me its about time to go see a surgeon and see whats up . Only thing different as far as pain goes is now my mid back has a disk taking dump along with my lower , throw some arthritis in the facet joints in the mix also . I have been doing good with my pain meds but damn they get old . Any one ever tried Nyucenta ? Im still on 10mg percs so I consider that doing good since its been over a year now .
I know everyone said to not let them cut on you but from what I have been reading its not like it use to be .
I'm telling ya man, you need to try essential oils. worked like magic for me.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #43

Liked 944 Times on 692 Posts
Likes Given: 510

Im not too much on oils and stuff . You stay covered in them all day you dont care to rub some in when you get home .
Not saying they dont work but with 2 disk bulging and slipping i dont think it will work . Now for the arthritis it very well may but since its warming up thats not the main culprit right now . Im 29 , how the hell is this happinin to me ? Im no that overweight . But look at any ol boat monkey and notice none can walk straight .
I must say the doc is looking out for folks in the long run , he does not write oxycotin , even though I know it would do the job , it is a mofo in the long run .
My liver must be really pissed by now

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #44

I'm 6' 1" and 190 lb. and have bad knees, but I workout at the gym 5 days a week and walk three miles a day. I go to the V A and get 90 hydro's to deal with the pain. I only take them if I need too. 90 will last me three months, they are only 5mg.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Im not too much on oils and stuff . You stay covered in them all day you dont care to rub some in when you get home .
Not saying they dont work but with 2 disk bulging and slipping i dont think it will work . Now for the arthritis it very well may but since its warming up thats not the main culprit right now . Im 29 , how the hell is this happinin to me ? Im no that overweight . But look at any ol boat monkey and notice none can walk straight .
I must say the doc is looking out for folks in the long run , he does not write oxycotin , even though I know it would do the job , it is a mofo in the long run .
My liver must be really pissed by now
I hear you about working in and around oil all day. I was an auto mechanic for over 20 years. Actually I don't use oils topically every day. The greatest benefit I have gotten is from some supplements based on essential oils http://everythingessential.me/OtherProducts/LLV.html#page=page-1

I take these daily and my back pain is freaking GONE! A year ago I was looking at having three vertebrae fused. The discs were (are?) compressed and pushing on the sciatic nerves and there was no hope outside of surgery, which has a lowly 63% success rate (have you discussed that with your doctor?). The remaining 37% either see no improvement at all or get worse after surgery. I am not gonna bet on those odds. Seriously, if you can try these supplements for a month and they don't help they will give you your money back. Or you can get cut up LOL! (not)

Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #46

What sucks now is boating season is kicking in and no way I can do surgery until next winter unless the world ends in december lol .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #47

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was in a car accident and a few years later developed a pinched nerve in my neck. My shoulder blade area hurt all the time, arm was tingling and going numb. Started going to the chiropractor and he suggested taking Valerian Root pills. They are herbal and not expensive. 2 when I wake up, 2 at lunch, 2 at dinner and 2 before bed. I was hurting 24/7. After a while it dawned on my I wasn't hurting anymore. I guess they just relaxed me enough that it kind of fixed its self. At first I thought it was hokie, but not anymore. And if it doesn't work, it didn't hurt to try. But if they do work, then hell yeah.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyWabbit View Post
I was in a car accident and a few years later developed a pinched nerve in my neck. My shoulder blade area hurt all the time, arm was tingling and going numb. Started going to the chiropractor and he suggested taking Valerian Root pills. They are herbal and not expensive. 2 when I wake up, 2 at lunch, 2 at dinner and 2 before bed. I was hurting 24/7. After a while it dawned on my I wasn't hurting anymore. I guess they just relaxed me enough that it kind of fixed its self. At first I thought it was hokie, but not anymore. And if it doesn't work, it didn't hurt to try. But if they do work, then hell yeah.
I was looking at spinal fusion surgery (3 vertebrae) and got into this essential oils stuff. I didn't do the surgery and I am as pain free as I have ever been in the past 40 years. It was all because a cute gal offered to rub some stuff on my back and I'll be damned if it didn't help! I am a total believer in this stuff. It works and it works like magic. I've been using Essential Oils in place of all prescription and over the counter drugs with total success (so far).

Old 02-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #49

OK guys , as some of you know I was told by the doc the other day that I needed a double fusion in my lower back , last 2 disc I think , We have exhausted all other treatments and this is the only FIX .
I dont get nervous about much at all but this really bothers me , I am the only one running my company and many of you know I also have 3 yo twins .
I am nervous about time out of work and the possibility of it not making the pain go away . I am only 30 and I dont know of too many people my age getting this done .
Do me a favor if you got the time and watch these videos from the company that makes the parts to do the fusion or if you have had it done or know someone who has .
http://www.depuy.com/patients-and-caregivers/jlog-tlif

Old 02-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #50

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Haven't watched... Yet.

But, my grandmother, who was very pain sensitive (she was quite the wuss really) had several vertebra fused. She could barely walk.

She went square dancing a month or two later. It never did hurt her again. Other places in her back did later, but she was 70 or so and had severe osteoporosis.

If it can make a 70 year old granny go square dancing, I'm sure you'll be fine.