Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Back pain issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
OK this has been going on since april 11 . My lower back , right side and all the way down my leg has been giving major non stop issues . MRI reveled a disk bulge on l3 l4 and bad arthritis in the facet joints but the back doc doesnt think thats whats causing this much hell . I have gone threw about 6 different injections of all sorts - PT - Tens unit - ultrasound therapy - swift kick in the ass . He has one more diagnostic treatment he can do called a disc o gram I think and he says its very painfull and will be out for about a week . Im holding on that one due to business and the co pay for that is high . Supposedly Im on some hardcore extended release narcs but damn if I can tell it . I have tried the following with little or no help
Kadian
Opana
Fentynal patch '' worked but wont stick ''
And now Im on 150mg of Nucenta & 7.5 percs and some how I function normal .
I have not been cut on yet and I hear mixed stories about getting cut . My problem is they dont know whats wrong to decide if they need to cut or not .

IM 265lb carrying alot of atv wrecks , hardcore boat rides almost daily , and alot of redneck demolition derby with junk cars but have tuned it down the past few years , I got sneaky feeling it has caught up to me
I have similar back pains with herniated discs and arthrithis forming
at base of spine. I take Tramadol which seems to help a great deal.
I get them from my VA each time I run out. I choose not to have spinal
surgery because a friend of mine had it and was made paralyzed. Seven
months later he died. So I will keep popping Tramadol each day. Hope the
best for you, man!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:48 AM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

[quote=vincent;625973]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

+1. spoken for truth...+1 for getting away from painkillers. I never considered that the chiropactor may become ineffective...oh boy...Very pleased to hear you've found a way to manage it, there may be hope left yet!
Yeah, even my DC said it has happened before. He isn't one of those "you need to come in for an adjustment every week for the rest of your life" DC's, he is more of the sports medicine type. His name is Tony Coats, he used to play pro football.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #23

Liked 940 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 509

Sorry for not responding to my own post , I have been upside down in boats for the past 2 days. To me tramadol is like a sugar pill , I have a very high tolerance to narcs , well any medicine for that matter . Im going to Carolina back institute for a while now , They seem to know how to handle dope pretty well as they keep a leash on you and a contract . I gotta give it to my doc as he is trying to keep me from having to resort to oxycotin , cottin is some wicked stuff and is a extended release form of oxycodone .
My biggest problem is time , Since I am owner / operator of my company who trust no one else to do the job , I stay wide open , ever more during winterization season . 15+ days out of work from a surgurey and I would put a bullet in my head , I cant stand sitting around for even a day . Hell even on vacations I go to the boat ramp to teach idiots how to run a boat .
I forgot to mention that I also have the degenerative disk mess .
About 3 years ago I pulled the ligament off the bone in my ankle '' yes I screamed like a little girl '' . The next day I was crawling into boats with crutches to work . Doc said the fusion is not always the best way to go since it locks that joint into place and puts more strain on the others .
The mornings and night time suck the worst , Once I get moving and stay moving , with the help of some dope , im fine . If I sit down for a few minutes its a bitch when I get back up .
I noticed the past two days hiking loads of tools and materials down 45 degree hills @ lake gaston that my knees are getting very weak , kinda stiff but loose and shaky going up and down steps and getting into boats . Im 28 , Im too young for this $hit , dad has a few herniated disk he refuses to get fixed due to being away from shop and wreckers , All the old timers I know in the marine field walk around like the hunch back .

I re hide all my dope every morning and the ones I take with me I keep in small numbers to prevent loss or theft
Im curious to see what the jackass crew will be like in a few more years .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #24

Likes Given: 2

Same issues here. Degenerative discs at S1 and L5. Sciatica and now my hips are going bad. I've been through P/T, Injections, Pain Management which pretty much consists of injections and drugs. They spoke of taking a piece of my hip and fusing it to my spine, blah, blah, blah. I will not let them cut me. Period!

I've been like this for over 20 years and I've been through hell and back. My advise is to keep your weight down (especially belly weight) and I hate to say it but consuming sugar and caffeine makes it worse. Take meds only when you can't stand the pain, because it's so easy to become addicted. Sleep! I can't tell you how important it is to get rest. It helps so much with managing your pain. If you've been to P/T they should have taught you exercises to strengthen your core. DO THEM.....

Hang in there.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #25

Well I dont drink at all . period . Dt mountain dew and basic lights are my best friends , throw some water in the mix .If the wife would stop frying pork chops i could lose some muscle at rest

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

You guys should seriously look into the alternatives I suggested earlier. Essential oils have saved my life. I was looking into getting cut and fortunately found the alternative that works like magic! I'd be happy to talk to you about it if you have any questions. just PM me. You have nothing to lose but pain!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #27

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
You guys should seriously look into the alternatives I suggested earlier. Essential oils have saved my life. I was looking into getting cut and fortunately found the alternative that works like magic! I'd be happy to talk to you about it if you have any questions. just PM me. You have nothing to lose but pain!
I'm checking that out. Think I will track some down on payday and see how it works thanks for posting that.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #28

For some odd reason riding the harley makes it feel better but its kinda awkward pulling up at the pharmacy on a Sportster to get your dope refilled , kinda like the 80k$$ caddy pulling up in the handicap spot and literally runs into the store .
Got some new medicine to pick up today and its going to be almost 80 outside today so we know what that means .

Old 11-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #29
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6635 Times on 4014 Posts
Likes Given: 7875

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
For some odd reason riding the harley makes it feel better but its kinda awkward pulling up at the pharmacy on a Sportster to get your dope refilled , kinda like the 80k$$ caddy pulling up in the handicap spot and literally runs into the welfare office for food stamps.
Got some new medicine to pick up today and its going to be almost 80 outside today so we know what that means .
There. Fixed it for you. Someone driving an 80K Caddy can be legitimately handicapped. I work in a hospital and it ticks me off when I'm handed a government medical card as their insurance and their car is an expensive one and their address is in a nicer neighborhood than I live in and they have 8 people listed as covered on that medical card.

You just go ahead and ride your motorcycle to run your errands. If anyone has the 'cajones' to ask, just tell them it's easier to get on and off the motorcycle than in and out of your car. Then sarcastically say "Thank you for your concern."

Old 11-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #30

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
There. Fixed it for you. Someone driving an 80K Caddy can be legitimately handicapped. I work in a hospital and it ticks me off when I'm handed a government medical card as their insurance and their car is an expensive one and their address is in a nicer neighborhood than I live in and they have 8 people listed as covered on that medical card.

You just go ahead and ride your motorcycle to run your errands. If anyone has the 'cajones' to ask, just tell them it's easier to get on and off the motorcycle than in and out of your car. Then sarcastically say "Thank you for your concern."
Agreed! I have so many people telling me I shouldn't ride. Riding and shooting is all I have left, I can't even hunt anymore, or do a bunch of other things. I love it when people think they know how my body feels.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.