Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Awesome Story!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 04:19 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Truly masssive billard balls...all around!

What really gets me, though, is how many fire fights like this go unnoticed and unreported on a daily basis. In other words, how many heros do we have that will not be hearalded???!!!

That is the problem with any war - but the question must be asked, again, for this generation and this conflict.

It almost makes me want to puke to say it, because I think that he is the worst presidential selection since Andrew Johnson, but BO was actually right when he said we needed to focus our resources on Afghanistan.........

God Bless those MEN who are on station there!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

^ I don't know if we need to focus all our resources on Afghanistan, but they do need re-enforcing and some more support. Pulling out of Iraq would leave a sucking sound that could be heard in Main Street America as the "chosen ones" rallied at having dispatched the mighty "Infidel Army".

We definitely don't need to abandon the Iraqi people a second time.

But, adding some more heavy armor and some more heavy air support to the Afghan region is definitely needed.

There is a guy who comes in our shop who leads snipers out of Fort Lewis in Tacoma, he's on his third deployment ( Msgt S. K. ) and he has two previous deployments in Afghanistan, but his current assignment is in/around Mosul.

He said that the group troops in Afghanistan actually are doing quite well, other than freezing their balls off, but they clear an era only to have to come back and clear it again in two months because the enemy move around so damn much.

He has told us that some more air support, less risk to "going and seeing" if the bad guys are back in "grid # such & such" is being used, but could be used more effectively. The other thing was the need for heavier armor to be placed in strategic sections of some mountain pass regions to keep convoys and resupply shipments from getting through to help break the back of the enemy.

Definitely need to support all our brave men and women who are overthere - for they are doing us a most valuable service.

JD