Awesome Customer Service!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Awesome Customer Service!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Awesome Customer Service!!

We all here the negative stories about companies and their customer service. This is a thread for the opposite. I was inspired to start this after speaking to Nancy with Pachmayr. I lost the nut for the grips on my 629 yesterday when I cleaned it. It fell out when I slid the screw in and I couldn't find it to save my life. I called them up, she was very polite, took my name, address and phone # and told me it would be there in about a week. No charge. She even asked if I had the screw and if the threads were OK. Attention to little details like that are rare these days and I felt the need to share.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #2

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Nice to hear that there is still good customer service out there. I will not do business with companies that do not take care of me no matter how good their prices might be.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #3

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Nice to hear and it's always good to share both the good and the bad. People are much more prone to share bad experiences, so I salute you, Rusty!

Old 08-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good to hear that. Thanks for letting us know.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

That’s nice to know. I have one too.

I had bought a lower parts kit from Riflegear. During the build I could not find the second take down pin detent. I did not check the parts as soon as I opened the bag so I can't say for sure I did not receive it. But they never even asked. Just sent out a new one, no charge, within a few days. I have used them again and always been happy with the company. They get shipments out in one day and have OK pricing too.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Always nice to hear. I like Pach's a lot better than Hogue for revolvers and semis...

Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #7

While not firearms related.
A couple of months ago I was using and old Craftsman screwdriver, that I’ve had for about 30 years, as a punch trying to get an old rusted bolt out of a motorcycle I was working on. I was beating on it with a big hammer and it shattered the plastic handle and bent the blade.
Drove down to Sears in SLC with the remnants a few weeks later, and walked out of the store with a new screwdriver and a smile on my face. Way to go Sears!
No way the local Snap-On guy would have warrantied that kind of abuse on a tool I bought from him

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 08-14-2010, 02:13 AM   #8

Liked 356 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default Awesome Customer Service!!

I recently ordered a trail camera security box from Custom1Enterprises.com due to the fact that the one I bought from Bushnell was basically made from spot welded old tin cans I think....

The custom1 box is really heavy duty and built like a tank with full TIG welds. To my surprise when I opened the package, I found that they included a storage case that holds extra memory cards for the trail camera at no charge!

The camera/box will be used for "security" purposes around the house and will be somewhat vulnerable to "2 legged animals". Because of it's location and mounting I wanted to beef it up even more on my own. I emailed them and asked if I could purchase an additional "door" plate for the box.

I received a reply from "Chuck" saying that yes, they could sell me an extra door plate - but wanted to know what happened to the original one that was shipped with the box??? I told them there was no problem with the original part, and explained how I wanted to modify the door by cutting off a couple of tabs for my own strange reasons.

Chuck sent me the additional plate (a hefty chuck of steel) at no charge stating that it had tabs that were incorrectly formed. (It was prototype for a new model.) I needed to cut the tabs off anyway for my use, so......

They went above and beyond in my book for a first time customer!!!

Last edited by Highpower; 08-15-2010 at 02:19 AM. Reason: doubled word

Old 08-14-2010, 03:53 AM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It's always good to hear that there are still some companies out there that understand it's customer service that keeps people coming back.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 AM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
That’s nice to know. I have one too.

I had bought a lower parts kit from Riflegear. During the build I could not find the second take down pin detent. I did not check the parts as soon as I opened the bag so I can't say for sure I did not receive it. But they never even asked. Just sent out a new one, no charge, within a few days. I have used them again and always been happy with the company. They get shipments out in one day and have OK pricing too.
X2. Ordered a free float tube from them a couple months back, called at about 4:45 when I realized I needed a free float tube wrench as well. The phone orders guy (Elvin?) rang me up, ran out to the loading dock, grabbed my box from its way to the truck, sliced it open, threw it in, and didn't change my shipping. It also arrived the next morning before 11, which was just plain impressive on someone's part.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields