Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Awesome Customer Service!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/awesome-customer-service-30371/)

spittinfire 08-13-2010 02:47 PM

Awesome Customer Service!!

We all here the negative stories about companies and their customer service. This is a thread for the opposite. I was inspired to start this after speaking to Nancy with Pachmayr. I lost the nut for the grips on my 629 yesterday when I cleaned it. It fell out when I slid the screw in and I couldn't find it to save my life. I called them up, she was very polite, took my name, address and phone # and told me it would be there in about a week. No charge. She even asked if I had the screw and if the threads were OK. Attention to little details like that are rare these days and I felt the need to share.

NitroxAZ 08-13-2010 04:05 PM

Nice to hear that there is still good customer service out there. I will not do business with companies that do not take care of me no matter how good their prices might be.

lonyaeger 08-13-2010 04:32 PM

Nice to hear and it's always good to share both the good and the bad. People are much more prone to share bad experiences, so I salute you, Rusty!

CA357 08-13-2010 05:45 PM

Good to hear that. Thanks for letting us know.

Jo da Plumbr 08-13-2010 06:07 PM

That’s nice to know. I have one too.

I had bought a lower parts kit from Riflegear. During the build I could not find the second take down pin detent. I did not check the parts as soon as I opened the bag so I can't say for sure I did not receive it. But they never even asked. Just sent out a new one, no charge, within a few days. I have used them again and always been happy with the company. They get shipments out in one day and have OK pricing too.
:D

NGIB 08-13-2010 06:34 PM

Always nice to hear. I like Pach's a lot better than Hogue for revolvers and semis...

Gordo323 08-14-2010 12:24 AM

While not firearms related.
A couple of months ago I was using and old Craftsman screwdriver, that Iíve had for about 30 years, as a punch trying to get an old rusted bolt out of a motorcycle I was working on. I was beating on it with a big hammer and it shattered the plastic handle and bent the blade.
Drove down to Sears in SLC with the remnants a few weeks later, and walked out of the store with a new screwdriver and a smile on my face. Way to go Sears!
No way the local Snap-On guy would have warrantied that kind of abuse on a tool I bought from him:eek:

Highpower 08-14-2010 03:13 AM

Awesome Customer Service!!

I recently ordered a trail camera security box from Custom1Enterprises.com due to the fact that the one I bought from Bushnell was basically made from spot welded old tin cans I think....

The custom1 box is really heavy duty and built like a tank with full TIG welds. To my surprise when I opened the package, I found that they included a storage case that holds extra memory cards for the trail camera at no charge!

http://www.custom1enterprises.com/cu...ises001014.jpg

The camera/box will be used for "security" purposes around the house and will be somewhat vulnerable to "2 legged animals". Because of it's location and mounting I wanted to beef it up even more on my own. I emailed them and asked if I could purchase an additional "door" plate for the box.

I received a reply from "Chuck" saying that yes, they could sell me an extra door plate - but wanted to know what happened to the original one that was shipped with the box??? I told them there was no problem with the original part, and explained how I wanted to modify the door by cutting off a couple of tabs for my own strange reasons. :o

Chuck sent me the additional plate (a hefty chuck of steel) at no charge stating that it had tabs that were incorrectly formed. (It was prototype for a new model.) I needed to cut the tabs off anyway for my use, so......

They went above and beyond in my book for a first time customer!!! :D

DrumJunkie 08-14-2010 04:53 AM

It's always good to hear that there are still some companies out there that understand it's customer service that keeps people coming back. :)

TheDaggle 08-14-2010 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 331113)
Thatís nice to know. I have one too.

I had bought a lower parts kit from Riflegear. During the build I could not find the second take down pin detent. I did not check the parts as soon as I opened the bag so I can't say for sure I did not receive it. But they never even asked. Just sent out a new one, no charge, within a few days. I have used them again and always been happy with the company. They get shipments out in one day and have OK pricing too.
:D

X2. Ordered a free float tube from them a couple months back, called at about 4:45 when I realized I needed a free float tube wrench as well. The phone orders guy (Elvin?) rang me up, ran out to the loading dock, grabbed my box from its way to the truck, sliced it open, threw it in, and didn't change my shipping. It also arrived the next morning before 11, which was just plain impressive on someone's part.