Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Australia's total gun ban

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
roosterjuicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 303
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Australia's total gun ban

Crime up Down Under

IS NOT WORKING! too mad the drive by media wont run this story


__________________
roosterjuicer is offline  
 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BPond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 186
Default

And the Brady Bunch are once again having orgasms over the heaps of dead bodies.



__________________

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

BPond is offline  
 
Old 04-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Pot has been illegal my entire life; i rarely go without it. By the time i die, i estimate i will have smoked my own weight in weed.

Prohibition works, not.

__________________
orangello is offline  
 
Old 04-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RL357Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany,New York
Posts: 3,251
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Pot has been illegal my entire life; i rarely go without it. By the time i die, i estimate i will have smoked my own weight in weed.

Prohibition works, not.


?? WTF does this have to do with Autralia's gun laws?? "This is your brain on pot...."
__________________
Guns Have Only Two Enemies-Rust and Politicians
"The United States Constitution (c) 1791 - All Rights Reserved"
If Guns Kill, Do Pencils Mis-spell Words?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
RL357Mag is offline  
 
Old 04-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
?? WTF does this have to do with Autralia's gun laws?? "This is your brain on pot...."
The Australian law is a "prohibition"; i gave an example of another prohibition that doesn't seem entirely effective. State and Federal laws couldn't even stop me from getting pot when i was a 14 year old kid; how can they be expected to stop a determined criminal or criminal group from obtaining the tools they need to continue their activities (armed robbery, etc.)?

Was this really that difficult to comprehend? Maybe you need some caffeine. P.S. My "brain on pot" was good enough for me to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in Accounting without much trouble.
__________________

Last edited by orangello; 04-07-2009 at 01:52 PM.
orangello is offline  
 
Old 04-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
?? WTF does this have to do with Autralia's gun laws?? "This is your brain on pot...."
agreed rl is dead on with that statement.

why not leave the use of illegal drugs for other message boards. I do not agree with the use of nor have I ever partaken in them. So please take you fried up dope head some where else.
__________________
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
roosterjuicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 303
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
My "brain on pot" was good enough for me to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in Accounting without much trouble.
a friend of mines brain on pot got him kicked out of law school after his first semester...
__________________
roosterjuicer is offline  
 
Old 04-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LegatoRedrivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 222
Default Wow...

Come on, guys, fighting amongst ourselves? While I don't smoke pot now, I did in the past. A lot. And the only reason I stopped is because I don't want to go to jail.

Not because it made me do stupid things, it didn't.
Not because I couldn't think as clearly, I could.
Not because it effected my job and life, it didn't.
Not because it hurt anyone, it didn't.
Because I didn't want to go to jail over it.

Pot is a proven treatment for several physical and psychological ailments, and when taken responsibly (like anything) is no danger to anyone. It is less harmful than alcohol, and results in far less injuries and deaths.

But most importantly, it's another example of harmful government control. The government has no right to disarm us, and even less right to tell us what we can and cannot put into our bodies.

Basically, you're saying overzealous government control is fine unless it's against something that you like? That makes you just as bad as the gun control nuts in my book.

__________________
LegatoRedrivers is offline  
 
Old 04-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
agreed rl is dead on with that statement.

why not leave the use of illegal drugs for other message boards. I do not agree with the use of nor have I ever partaken in them. So please take you fried up dope head some where else.
Different kinds of people support the right to own firearms; learn to find some common ground with them, or you may end up standing alone. I disagree with those people on many topics, but i agree with them on keeping guns in the hands of the populace.

If you really don't like me, report my post as offensive & petition a Moderator to ban me from the forum. If they do, then i will find somewhere else to hang out, no hard feelings.

Personally, people who use grammar and spelling as limited as yours offend me & make the causes they claim to support look as if those causes are supported by poorly educated people, in my opinion.

Now, does anyone else wonder if the limitations on firearms for Australians have made their Kangaroo overpopulation problem worse/more dangerous (automobile collisions, etc.)? I do wonder about it.
__________________
orangello is offline  
 
Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Holy off topic Batman.... This isn't even close to Australian gun control not working....

JD



__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Australia's gun ban, not working out so well orangello The Club House 10 04-09-2009 02:43 AM