Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Australia's total gun ban (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/australias-total-gun-ban-12640/)

roosterjuicer 04-06-2009 11:30 PM

Australia's total gun ban

Crime up Down Under

IS NOT WORKING! too mad the drive by media wont run this story

BPond 04-06-2009 11:46 PM

And the Brady Bunch are once again having orgasms over the heaps of dead bodies.

orangello 04-07-2009 01:28 PM

Pot has been illegal my entire life; i rarely go without it. By the time i die, i estimate i will have smoked my own weight in weed.

Prohibition works, not.

RL357Mag 04-07-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 91796)
Pot has been illegal my entire life; i rarely go without it. By the time i die, i estimate i will have smoked my own weight in weed.

Prohibition works, not.

?? WTF does this have to do with Autralia's gun laws?? "This is your brain on pot...."

orangello 04-07-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 91800)
?? WTF does this have to do with Autralia's gun laws?? "This is your brain on pot...."

The Australian law is a "prohibition"; i gave an example of another prohibition that doesn't seem entirely effective. State and Federal laws couldn't even stop me from getting pot when i was a 14 year old kid; how can they be expected to stop a determined criminal or criminal group from obtaining the tools they need to continue their activities (armed robbery, etc.)?

Was this really that difficult to comprehend? Maybe you need some caffeine. :rolleyes: P.S. My "brain on pot" was good enough for me to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in Accounting without much trouble.

cpttango30 04-07-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 91800)

agreed rl is dead on with that statement.

why not leave the use of illegal drugs for other message boards. I do not agree with the use of nor have I ever partaken in them. So please take you fried up dope head some where else.

roosterjuicer 04-07-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 91804)
My "brain on pot" was good enough for me to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in Accounting without much trouble.

a friend of mines brain on pot got him kicked out of law school after his first semester...

LegatoRedrivers 04-07-2009 02:47 PM

Wow...

Come on, guys, fighting amongst ourselves? While I don't smoke pot now, I did in the past. A lot. And the only reason I stopped is because I don't want to go to jail.

Not because it made me do stupid things, it didn't.
Not because I couldn't think as clearly, I could.
Not because it effected my job and life, it didn't.
Not because it hurt anyone, it didn't.
Because I didn't want to go to jail over it.

Pot is a proven treatment for several physical and psychological ailments, and when taken responsibly (like anything) is no danger to anyone. It is less harmful than alcohol, and results in far less injuries and deaths.

But most importantly, it's another example of harmful government control. The government has no right to disarm us, and even less right to tell us what we can and cannot put into our bodies.

Basically, you're saying overzealous government control is fine unless it's against something that you like? That makes you just as bad as the gun control nuts in my book.

orangello 04-07-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 91814)
agreed rl is dead on with that statement.

why not leave the use of illegal drugs for other message boards. I do not agree with the use of nor have I ever partaken in them. So please take you fried up dope head some where else.

Different kinds of people support the right to own firearms; learn to find some common ground with them, or you may end up standing alone. I disagree with those people on many topics, but i agree with them on keeping guns in the hands of the populace.

If you really don't like me, report my post as offensive & petition a Moderator to ban me from the forum. If they do, then i will find somewhere else to hang out, no hard feelings.

Personally, people who use grammar and spelling as limited as yours offend me & make the causes they claim to support look as if those causes are supported by poorly educated people, in my opinion. :)

Now, does anyone else wonder if the limitations on firearms for Australians have made their Kangaroo overpopulation problem worse/more dangerous (automobile collisions, etc.)? I do wonder about it.

Dillinger 04-07-2009 04:16 PM

Holy off topic Batman.... This isn't even close to Australian gun control not working....

JD