Atheist Threatens Christian, Loses Eye
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Atheist Threatens Christian, Loses Eye

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Atheist Threatens Christian, Loses Eye

http://www.gazette.com/articles/police_40541___article.html/bowman_women.html?rt^tr

A man who threatened to behead two women because they were Christians was attacked in self-defense early Saturday and injured so severely, police say, that his eye was to be removed.

Russell Bowman, who called himself an atheist, showed up with a large knife at the women's apartment in the 700 block of Tia Juana Street about 3:15 a.m., police said.

Another resident grabbed a shotgun and ordered him to put the knife down. When Bowman refused and began approaching, the person hit him with the butt end of the weapon, police said.

Doctors at Memorial Hospital reportedly told police the eye would have to be removed.

Bowman, who lived in the same building, threatened the women a couple of days before the confrontation, Colorado Springs Police Lt. Pat Rigdon said. Alcohol appeared to play a role, he said.

Police will likely pursue charges of felony menacing against Bowman. The investigation will be forwarded to the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office to see if other charges are merited.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't think this level of stupidity can be reserved for just one form of religion, or lack there of.

The guy had a knife. A guy with a shotgun, who may or may not been religious, told him to put the knife down. The guy with the knife advanced on the guy with the shotgun. What the hell did he THINK was going to happen?

Cretin!

JD

Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #3

No quotes from any of the party's involved or even an individual police officer , the whole atheist/Christian angle could be nothing more than media sensationalism and perhaps an attempted at being cute with a play on the whole "An eye for an eye" thing .

With Alcohol and or drugs directly involved "as in the attacker was at the time of the incident under the influence of" most other things are pretty much irrelevant .

They may as well have been arguing over who has the coolest color shoe strings .

Guy with the shotgun took a huge chance getting that close to a knife wielding drunk , he could very well have received a fatal stab or cut when using the gun as a club .

FYI Ineffable if you're going to provide a weblink you might want to use the Preview Post feature , what you have there isn't a correct working link .

Old 09-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #4

hmm. Both ends of the shotgun are dangerous, who knew...?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I'd say ol' one-eye made out pretty well. He could be room-temperature right now.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:44 AM   #6

Well, if it would have been me, he would be carried by 6 and not judged by 12. I had this very talk today. When people want to break out weapons I've come to the point I'm not going to screw around. I'm not trying to play like I'm a bad butt or anything, but people doing stupid things with weapons would stop pretty quick if they knew death could play a factor. I'm totally for a law that states if a weapon is involved in a crime, deadly force is legal, period.

P.S. Religion didn't play a factor in this, some stupid drunk moron did. Him being an Atheist just showed his stupidity.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
FYI Ineffable if you're going to provide a weblink you might want to use the Preview Post feature , what you have there isn't a correct working link .
The web address works perfectly, you just have to copy and paste it. But then I copy and pasted the entire article so you wouldn't have to.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
P.S. Religion didn't play a factor in this, some stupid drunk moron did. Him being an Atheist just showed his stupidity.
Maybe, but obviously God wasn't on HIS side....lol
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-16-2008, 02:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
LOL, that made my guts hurt. Good one.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:23 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
With all the potential end results, I think God was DEFINITELY on his side.