Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Atheist Threatens Christian, Loses Eye (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/atheist-threatens-christian-loses-eye-6964/)

user4 09-15-2008 07:59 PM

Atheist Threatens Christian, Loses Eye

http://www.gazette.com/articles/police_40541___article.html/bowman_women.html?rt^tr

A man who threatened to behead two women because they were Christians was attacked in self-defense early Saturday and injured so severely, police say, that his eye was to be removed.

Russell Bowman, who called himself an atheist, showed up with a large knife at the women's apartment in the 700 block of Tia Juana Street about 3:15 a.m., police said.

Another resident grabbed a shotgun and ordered him to put the knife down. When Bowman refused and began approaching, the person hit him with the butt end of the weapon, police said.

Doctors at Memorial Hospital reportedly told police the eye would have to be removed.

Bowman, who lived in the same building, threatened the women a couple of days before the confrontation, Colorado Springs Police Lt. Pat Rigdon said. Alcohol appeared to play a role, he said.

Police will likely pursue charges of felony menacing against Bowman. The investigation will be forwarded to the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office to see if other charges are merited.

Dillinger 09-15-2008 08:10 PM

I don't think this level of stupidity can be reserved for just one form of religion, or lack there of.

The guy had a knife. A guy with a shotgun, who may or may not been religious, told him to put the knife down. The guy with the knife advanced on the guy with the shotgun. What the hell did he THINK was going to happen? :rolleyes:

Cretin!

JD

BigO01 09-15-2008 10:00 PM

No quotes from any of the party's involved or even an individual police officer , the whole atheist/Christian angle could be nothing more than media sensationalism and perhaps an attempted at being cute with a play on the whole "An eye for an eye" thing .

With Alcohol and or drugs directly involved "as in the attacker was at the time of the incident under the influence of" most other things are pretty much irrelevant .

They may as well have been arguing over who has the coolest color shoe strings .

Guy with the shotgun took a huge chance getting that close to a knife wielding drunk , he could very well have received a fatal stab or cut when using the gun as a club .

FYI Ineffable if you're going to provide a weblink you might want to use the Preview Post feature , what you have there isn't a correct working link .

Musket 09-15-2008 10:06 PM

hmm. Both ends of the shotgun are dangerous, who knew...? :rolleyes: :D

bkt 09-15-2008 10:54 PM

I'd say ol' one-eye made out pretty well. He could be room-temperature right now.

Jables 09-16-2008 01:44 AM

Well, if it would have been me, he would be carried by 6 and not judged by 12. I had this very talk today. When people want to break out weapons I've come to the point I'm not going to screw around. I'm not trying to play like I'm a bad butt or anything, but people doing stupid things with weapons would stop pretty quick if they knew death could play a factor. I'm totally for a law that states if a weapon is involved in a crime, deadly force is legal, period.

P.S. Religion didn't play a factor in this, some stupid drunk moron did. Him being an Atheist just showed his stupidity. :D

user4 09-16-2008 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigO01 (Post 40682)
FYI Ineffable if you're going to provide a weblink you might want to use the Preview Post feature , what you have there isn't a correct working link .

The web address works perfectly, you just have to copy and paste it. But then I copy and pasted the entire article so you wouldn't have to.

RL357Mag 09-16-2008 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jables (Post 40701)
P.S. Religion didn't play a factor in this, some stupid drunk moron did. Him being an Atheist just showed his stupidity. :D

Maybe, but obviously God wasn't on HIS side....lol

Jables 09-16-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 40706)

LOL, that made my guts hurt. Good one.

user4 09-16-2008 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 40706)

With all the potential end results, I think God was DEFINITELY on his side. ;)