Astronaut Neil Armstrong has died at age 82 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Astronaut Neil Armstrong has died at age 82

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

President Obama HAS ordered flags at half mast for Mr. Neil Armstrong. Flags flown at half-mast for Whitney Houston was ordered by New Jersey governor Chris Christie.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #22

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
President Obama HAS ordered flags at half mast for Mr. Neil Armstrong. Flags flown at half-mast for Whitney Houston was ordered by New Jersey governor Chris Christie.
This was just pointed out to me, you're 100% correct...a lesson learned for me in checking sources before going with it.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #23

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

No problem. Just gotta separate truth from lies, no matter if I like the lies or not. I think the biggest problem with politics are the lies.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #24

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
To be honest, if you have read up on teh guy - he would have hated all of this glitz and glamour.
Very true. Armstrong walked away from making an all but unlimited amount of money that could have been his for the taking. It was said by several advertising agencies that contacted him after the Apollo 11 Lunar Mission, that he could have easily been one of the richest men in America in the 70's, had he chose to cash in on the fame and fortune that awaited him because of the fame he achieved.

Commercials, spokesman, public speaking, commercial product endorsements, were all his for the taking. He walked away from all of it. That alone says a lot about the man.