Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Assault Rifle" Used for Self Defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984cj View Post
Shouldn't it be referred to as a "Self Defense Weapon"
It's an SUW....Sport Utility Weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidah View Post
Sheesh. I did not know that security guards were allowed the use of fully automatic weapons. Sounds like he used a semi-auto rifle to me, not an Assault Weapon..

I know, I know..

-Bidah
Yep. Preaching to the choir here. But it's the mentality (or lack thereof) of the media and the faulty designation by the Clinton administration when they instituted the "assault weapon ban" in 94.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
True, Benning, true. Just once I'd like to hear, "Kid was a bad seed. Ran with thugs and sluts. I tried my best, but the stupid kid never listened to anyone. I should have beat him more."

Reminds me of the Brit comedian Rowan Atkinson's quote:

"Perhaps if you'd administered more fatal beatings when he was younger it wouldn't have come to this?"

lol

Yeah...such a 'good kid' he spent his day off doing armed holdups. Ha, riiight...