Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Assault Rifle" Used for Self Defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 04:07 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

+1. This never occurred to me, but the gun show has the greatest potential in the world for absolute calamity, and it's more courteous than any grocery store I've ever been in.

Skull is on as well. I'd like to think if it was my kid, I'd be embarrassed as hell and apologetic. I'd truly have no problem with the security guy, and I'd view this as a shortcoming in my parenting skills.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #22

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
+1. This never occurred to me, but the gun show has the greatest potential in the world for absolute calamity, and it's more courteous than any grocery store I've ever been in.

Skull is on as well. I'd like to think if it was my kid, I'd be embarrassed as hell and apologetic. I'd truly have no problem with the security guy, and I'd view this as a shortcoming in my parenting skills.
Yup, the parent aparently screwed up here. He works at Wal-Mart and robs people on his day off? I play Medal of Honor on my day off.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkick View Post
Yeah everytime a thug gets off'd here in the Central Valley of Ca., they have their family members all over the news talking about how the individual(s) was a loving person and was turning his life around.
Aye'! Yeah I hear that too! I've in Fresno County and I hear that BS on the news when they interview the criminal's families. Seriously the mentality here in California sides with criminals and not the victims. If that were to happen here then that security guard would be facing severe criminal charges, even if it was self-defense with a rifle like that.

Can't wait to move out of this hell.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Yeah everytime a thug gets off'd here in the Central Valley of Ca., they have their family members all over the news talking about how the individual(s) was a loving person and was turning his life around.
they do that garbage on TV all the time too. anyone ever watch "the first 48" no matter what, no matter how ghetto or gangster wanna-be the victim is, he was always an upstanding and well liked member of the community. allegedly.

i know it adds to the drama or whatever of the show, but anyone with half a brain should know its BS

Old 03-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMarksman338 View Post
Aye'! Yeah I hear that too! I've in Fresno County and I hear that BS on the news when they interview the criminal's families. Seriously the mentality here in California sides with criminals and not the victims. If that were to happen here then that security guard would be facing severe criminal charges, even if it was self-defense with a rifle like that.

Can't wait to move out of this hell.
Hey Hunter, I live in Madera County but work in Fresno. I see these thugs roaming the streets endlessly.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 03-06-2009, 05:27 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Hey Hunter, I live in Madera County but work in Fresno. I see these thugs roaming the streets endlessly.
Sheesh, stay safe out there friend and watch your back. My prayers go with you.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just covered this in my criminal law class and we were talking about it a few posts back so here are some examples of where the felony murder rule works and does work.

assume you are the partner, and the felon is your partner in crime who is doing the killing
1)felon kills felony victim=you are screwed, first degree murder
2)felony victim or cop kills your partner=you are not screwed, not 1st degree
3)felony victim or cop kills 3rd party or another cop=you are screwed, 1st degree
4)felon kills another co felon=you are not screwed, not first degree murder

Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8330 Times on 3602 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Re: Punishment of the survivor- Here in VA, he would be up for Murder 2. VA Criminal Code:

§ 18.2-33. Felony homicide defined; punishment.

The killing of one accidentally, contrary to the intention of the parties, while in the prosecution of some felonious act other than those specified in §§ 18.2-31 and 18.2-32, is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five years nor more than forty years.

So you and your buddy decide to rob a store, and the clerk caps your buddy- You are charged with Felony Homicide- you did not intend for him to die, but you did intend to commit Armed Robbery....... intent transfers to a reasonably forseeable outcome. Aloha.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:51 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

indeed, thats not first degree though, thats second degree.

plus the examples i put on there (and i should have specified this in the first place) are common law rules and pertain only to 1st degree murder.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #30

I really hate the term "Assault Rifle" its a rifle to me.

that term was coined to scare people and for some reason it stuck..

what classifies an assault rifle???because it has a pistol grip???because it "looks cool"?
sorry, just venting here

Springfield XD-9 Subcompact
Taurus Model 605 .357 Mag
Kel-Tec P32
Ruger 10-22
Winchester 1300 Rifled Deer Slug (Tactical)
Saiga 7.62x39

Last edited by CodyWalkerJr; 01-02-2010 at 06:52 AM.